23 | Phase Two (Ade POV)

I randomly scrolled through my phone, skimming through thousands of unread emails and messages as I waited for Stefan to get out of class; Eze has cheer practice todays so it's just going to be me and him which Denzel seems a little too happy about 'Of course I'm happy about being alone with our mate!' He exclaimed.

'Ah right on cue, you must be well rested after not speaking for a whole day.' I mused, getting a growl in reply, 'Why would I speak to someone who's purposefully trying to separate me from my mate?' He questioned with a scoff.

'Good to know you're still mad about the party.' I replied, scoffing as my faint baby of a wolf rolled his eyes in reply 'It's not like Bella hasn't been our ideal mate for years.'

'That was before we found our real mate!' He growled; I slowly shook my head with an amused smile, loving how angry I could feel him become at just the topic of our mate.

'C'mon Denzel.. You're being unreasonable.' I got out through silent laughs. 'Unreasonable!-' He started, shouting the word before quieting down as the sound of the door interrupted our inner dialogue.

As Stefan climbed his way into the tall truck a smell came with him, and it wasn't the usually sweet smell I had unfortunately became accustomed to; It was a stench so horrid it made me and my wolfs blood boil at what it implied.

"What's that smell?" I grumbled to myself as I looked up from my phone, slowly and subtly sniffing at the air just to be sure the smell was coming from where I thought it was; Eventually I was facing Stefan, I could feel Denzel trying to push through the surface as I gave the smaller wolf a quick once over.

"Stefan, why the hell do I smell someone else's arousal on you?" I questioned, my jaw clenching in on itself as I forced myself not to just go out and find the scent myself.

"Hmm?" He hummed, furrowing his brows as he sniffed at the collar of his shirt with a confused expression that I could clearly tell was fake.

"This isn't a joke." I warned, leaning closer to his unwavering eyes, "Who the fuck am I smelling on you?" I growled. His pupils slightly shook as I could see his wolf wanting to submit due to my overpowering scent.

Stefan looked away to the window with a shrug, "Maybe someone at school was watching porn in a restroom stall or something?" He questioned back as I sent him a hard glare, scoffing at the blatant lie he sent my way . "Do you think I'm an idiot?" I angrily spat, becoming increasingly more irritated as he continued to stupidly shrug his shoulders.

He promptly looked away after and I stared at him as he tried his best to hide the small smile that had spread across his face. I pressed him more, the disgusting scent was causing Denzel to go crazy and every rational thought was leaving me as I questioned the smaller wolf further not receiving anything back as he continued staring out the window.

I growled in warning, my jaw clenching when even that didn't get him to budge, "Fine." I grumbled, turning to face forward as I started the car and drove out the lot. The ride to the pack was silent, not even the radio had been turned on adding to the tense air around us.

When we finally pulled into the gates of the pack house, I immediately got out, not even bothering to grab the keys out the ignition as I shifted into my black wolf and sprinted into the woods.

I jogged through the large wooded area and once we had gotten far enough and I was sure Denzel wouldn't either run back and mark our mate or go to the school and kill someone I gave him control. As soon as he was given control he took off, dodging through the trees as he ran off his anger; I don't know how long we ran for but by time he slowed down, the sun was just starting to set.