43 | Back on track

I looked up to Eze when I felt her staring at me, "What?" I question through furrowed brows, watching as she let out a small breath with an awkward smile. "Are you sure you want to go back?" she asked worriedly, "You don't have to go back if you're not ready..." she reassured hesitantly and I subtly groaned at her words.

Over the weekend I decided that starting Monday (today), I was going to go back to school; besides the scouting and my three sessions a week, I rarely get a chance to leave the pack and being here was starting to make me feel suffocated. I told Eze my plan yesterday and ever since then she's basically been repeating the same thing over and over again, am I sure.

No matter how many times I tell her I'm sure and that I'm not going to be changing my mind, she never seems to believe me. "I need to graduate." I say for the hundredth time, "You technically don't, no werewolf does." she replied instantly and I shook my head, letting out a tired breath in reply, "Eze, I want to graduate." I explained just like I had every other time she tried to convince me to just drop out.

"I can't stay here forever." I reminded, letting out a small sigh when I noticed her starting to frown at my words. "I know.." she muttered, her sentence trailing off into a defeated silence. Suddenly the sound of a horn came from outside the packhouse and I quickly turned to grab my bag in response, giving Eze a small smile when I turned to see she was still slightly frowning, "Thanks for worrying about me though." I said, smiling wider when my words lessened her frown.

After getting her to smile she let out a breath of defeat, grabbing her bag as well and following me as I made my way outside and towards the familiar black SUV waiting for us. As usual, I got in the front seat, my brows furrowing together as I tilted my head in confusion, surprised to see Zane in the front seat. "That doesn't look like a happy face." Zane mused, raising a brow as I let out a small laugh in response, "Just surprised to see my designated driver back in the front seat." I joked, smiling when he let out a deep laugh in response.

"My apologies, your highness. As much as I would love to sit here in this uncomfortable leather seat all day every day, I have another, less important job, as the beta of this pack." He joked back sarcastically, watching with a smile as I laughed in response. "Apology not accepted." I replied, watching with an amused grin as he dramatically opened his mouth in fake offense, "That really hurts, Bärchen." 

"Oh my goddess." Eze cut in with a groan, leaning forward so her head was peeking over the middle console, "You guys are going to make me late if y'all don't hurry up and stop whatever stupid jokes you're making." she complained, looking between us with a jokingly irritated expression before tilting her head to look back at Zane with a fake glare, "And if you specifically don't start moving this damn car I'm going to hijack one of these other cars and drive myself." She threatened, giving him a pointed look when he only laughed at first, before sitting back with a hum after watching as he cleared his throat and started the car.

The ride to school was the liveliest one I've ever had with the pack, Zane and Eze talked the whole way there, never seeming to run out of things to say or joke about; the radio was turned on a comfortable volume, good enough to hum to and the breeze from the window did a good job at calming any nerves I might've been feeling.

"I'll be here to pick you up after." Zane announced once we were parked in front of the school, "Better be." I replied, grabbing my bag and opening my door, surprised to see Eze already standing outside my door waiting for me, "Might have to fire you if you don't" I joked, grinning when he raised one of his brows in response, "Oh really?" He replied, raising down the window when I closed the door. "Really."  I replied back, getting an eye roll and a scoff in response as I laughed before turning back to Eze.

We both said our goodbyes to Zane before making our way inside school. We made it to the door and I paused, blankly staring at the big doors as I nervously wiped my semi-sweaty palms on the sides of my jean covered thighs. I could see Eze staring at me from the corner of my eye and when she opened her mouth to talk I cut her off before she could say anything, "I swear to the moon goddess above if you ask me if I'm sure again I will actually implode."  I groaned, glancing over at her when she let out a quiet laugh.