45 | What you want

A/N | This chapter hasn't been edited yet, so sorry for any mistakes you may run into. I'll hopefully get around to editing it tomorrow. Enjoy!

Stefan glanced up when he heard a loud yawn, watching as Ryan leaned back in a tensed stretch. He looked down towards their unfinished project, they had surprisingly gotten a lot done in the few hours they were working on it; he reached for his phone, letting out a small yawn of his own when he saw it was already past ten.

Suddenly a car horn sounded from outside the house, both boys looked to the front door, Ryan looking away to his phone when a notification ding sounded from the device, "Think we did enough for today?" he questioned, looking back up to Stefan who nodded in reply.

Ryan let out a relieved breath, thankful he could finally leave after hours of work. "I'll tell Joseph to contact me whenever you're free to work on the project again." he replied, watching as Ryan stood up with his things. "Just give me your number, you can message me instead." he offered, holding his phone out for the brunette to grab.

Stefan looked up to him with a raised brow, reluctantly grabbing the phone from his hand and quickly typing in his number, messaging himself before handing back the phone; Ryan slid the phone back into his pocket just as Stefan's went off, he looked back over to Stefan as they awkwardly said their goodbyes to one another before finally making his way to the door and leaving the house.

Once he was gone Stefan paused to look over the rest of the scattered papers on the ground, closing his eyes with a tired sigh before getting to work with separating the papers into two piles; one for the papers that were going to be thrown away and one was for the papers he was keeping, which were mostly notes.

Just when he had finished creating the piles he heard the sound of footsteps nearing the front door, looking up just in time to see Ade walking inside. He watched as Ade almost walked past the living room before pausing and turning in his direction, holding eye contact until Stefan looked away to continue his task.

He could feel his mates eyes on him, burning a hole into the side of his face as he hurried to get his papers into his bag. Once he had put away his important stuff he lifted the large pile of trash, a large chunk of papers falling from the top of the pile and to the floor as soon as he stood up with them in his arms.

He let out a quiet frustrated breath, going to crouch down but being stopped when Ades hands suddenly appeared where the papers had fallen. He silently watched as the alpha picked up the papers, skeptically giving him a look over once he had finished before walking away to the kitchen with his mate following close behind.

They threw away the trashed papers, silently staring at each other afterwards until the uncomfortable tension became too much, "Thank you." Stefan said, finally breaking the silence only to immediately turn around and try to walk away.

"Hey hey, wait." Ade called, his hand going out to grab Stefan's arm, stopping him from leaving. The teen wasted no time in snatching his arm from his mate, causing Ade to let out a quiet breath at the small rejection, "I just want to talk." He stated, his forearm going to lean against the counter as he tried to get a look at Stefan who still had his back to him. "That's all." He reassured further when he still hadn't gotten him to turn around.

It took a few moments but eventually Stefan looked down with a defeated breath, turning around to face his mate which in turn caused a small, almost unnoticeable, smile to appear on the older wolf's face.

Ade reached his hand out to grab Stefan's, watching as the brunette looked down with squinted eyes before glancing back up at him with a raised brow. The alpha kept reaching and eventually Stefan hesitantly allowed him to take his hand, watching as he guided him to the other side of the counter and directed him to a stool.