15 | Falling Out

"Wow, I am destroying you guys." Kyle chuckled, leaning a little closer to the tv as he got more into the game.

"I'm assuming when you say y'all you really mean just Stefan and Zane right? Because you're nowhere close to "destroying" me." Eze retorted with a teasing grin. I let out a small laugh as I set my controller down on my lap, giving up in playing and deciding to just watch them race instead.

If you can't tell, we're playing Mario Kart and I'm sure you can guess who the two most competitive people here are; Obviously the siblings.

Eze wasn't lying when she said Kyle was nowhere close to destroying her but that doesn't mean she's destroying him either, they're both neck and neck.

Both of them get a power up at the sametime but Kyle uses his first, it's a banana peel; Ezes kart spins out of control when she runs into, allowing Kyle to completely pass her up. "Dammit." Eze grumbled under her breath while Kyle tried to hid the small victorious smirk from spreading across his face.

Surprisingly, even though I wasn't playing anymore, I'm still really into this game. I leaned forward as Kyle got ready to make his final turn before crossing the line and then I heard a yelp

I turned to the side to see him being  pulled back by Zane. temporarily dropping the controller to grip onto Zane's arms for support.

I watched as he turned to look at Zane with furrowed brows, quietly questioning why he had pulled him back; Zane sent him a nervous smile as he slowly rubbed his hands on the sides of kyles stomach, "Sorry babe, didn't want you to strain your eyes with how close you were to the TV." He said, answering Kyle's silent question.

Kyle opened his mouth to respond but then stopped, his eyes squinted as he tilted his head with a pointed glare before glancing up at the TV. Just as his eyes made contact with the big screen Eze passed the finish line, cheering as she did.

Kyle stared shocked at the screen, blinking a few times before he finally broke out his daze, "What the..?" He started, trailing off as he watched Eze walk up to Zane.

We both watched as Eze walked up to Zane and handed him a twenty, "thank for your service." She said, walking out the room as Zane smirked and tipped his imaginary hat.

Kyle turned to Zane with a raised brow as he looked between the money and Zane before stopping and staring at Zane with squinted eyes, "Ek hoop dat twintig dollar die moeite werd was om nie seks te hê nie. (I hope twenty dollars was worth not having sex.)" He said, making Zanes smirk fall.

"Wait baby you don't actually mean that, right? It's just a game." he said nervously, starting to get up from his spot on the bed, but ultimately sitting back down after Kyle glanced his way.

He didn't say anything else as he grabbed his bowl full of trail mix and left the room, "What did he say?" I asked once he had fully left.

Zane sighed as he looked from the door to me, "It's.. nothing important." He answered, giving a small chuckle as he nervously scratched the back of his neck "He just doesn't like to lose, especially when the other person cheated.." I gave a small nod of understanding, watching as the beta stretched by leaning back against the bed.

It felt awkward as we both looked at anything but each other, the argument from earlier still hung over us and I could still vividly remember everything that has pissed me off.

Me and Zane haven't spoken a word to each other since then and I haven't apologized for lashing out at him, but truthfully, that's more because I still think he's in the wrong.

The chance of the person you're dating before you turn eighteen being your mate is low, especially for humans. So why would he start a relationship with someone who had such low chances of being his mate. That just selfish.