Chapter 9: It's Megumi's Time To Shine!

Nana's POV

After that crazy big fight with Hanami and his gang on the first day of the Goodwill Event, the principals and the teachers held a meeting among themselves where they discussed the incident along with the casualties which came along with it. They even captured a cursed user all thanks to Gojo sensei but didn't gain any important info from that man whatsoever, unfortunately.

And as for the Goodwill Event, we decided to finish off the event with a competitive game of baseball which was also Gojo sensei's idea by the way. The match was fun and I did really enjoy my time a lot in the game, even though I would never admit it to that cocky Gojo sensei as it would just boost and inflate his damn ego. Although none of the team could score throughout the whole game, lucky for us, in the end, Yuji was able to hit a home run that helped Inumaki senpai to score two points and the 30th Annual Kyoto Goodwill Event finally closed with our Tokyo High as the winner.

And all of those stuff happened weeks ago. Now we were back in going on missions again and this time my friends and I were sent out to investigate the mysterious deaths connected to my and Megumi's alma matter, Saitama Urami East Junior High. This was the institution where Megumi, Tsumiki, and I went for our middle school.

"Kanada Taichi in Morioka, in June. Shimaza Osamu in Yokohama, in August. Yamato Hiroshi in Nagoya, in September. These three died in similar circumstances." Akari Nitta, an auxiliary manager for Jujutsu High stated as she drove us through the busy street of Tokyo with me in the passenger's seat and the other three in the back seat. "They were stabbed to death by a cursed spirit at the entrances to their apartments and all of them had filed the same complaint with the property managers several weeks before dying. They claimed their auto-locking doors were left wide open. None of the other residents have any idea what could have happened."

"None of the dates or locations matches though. Could the same cursed spirit have killed them all?" Megumi asked as he and the other two were going through the files of the victims in the backseat.

"Hey, could the cursed spirit be responsible for the doors? Do sensors like those pick up cursed spirits? They don't show up on cameras and stuff, right?" Yuji questioned back.

"Apparently, the cursed spirit made the door operators go crazy not the sensors." I pointed out, crossing my arms over my chest, and leaning back against my seat.

"Oh... operators?" Yuji trailed off.

"And as for whether or not the same cursed spirit was behind this... well, we couldn't be certain from just the residuals. After all, a lot of time has already passed. So, we tried to track down any connections between the three. We found that all three attended the same middle school for two years." Akari explained.

"Meaning all three received the same curse and it activated after time had passed?" Nobara speculated causing Yuji to look over at her in awe.

"Precisely. That's highly likely. So, we're going to that middle school now to question someone the three victims all knew and I want you four to see what you can find as sorcerers." Akari instructed us.

After that, we all arrived at a house that was holding a funeral and I furrowed my eyebrows at the scene in front of me in confusion.

"Is this the home of that acquaintance you were talking about, Akari-san?" I asked Akari and she nodded her head in response.

They walked into the household and met up with some classmates who knew the previous three victims before we walked out from there with a shocking revelation.

"Well, this sucks. That acquaintance also died the same way the other three did. He lived with his family, so there was no auto-locking door, but he was killed in front of the entrance. Previously upon returning home alone, he reported, 'the door was unlocked, but it won't open', to his other family members." I muttered before letting out a heavy sigh in frustration as we walked into the campus of a junior high school; the same school where Megumi, Tsumiki, and I went.