Chapter 15: Kinji Hakari & His Fever!

Nana's POV

"Kinji Hakari is currently making money as a bookie for an underground Fight Club at an abandoned multistory parking garage in Tochigi prefecture." Tengen informed.

"Underground Fight Club?" Yuji asked in confusion.

"Hand-to-hand combat between sorcerers." Tengen replied.

"So the spectators are..." I trailed off.

"They are mostly non-sorcerers." Tengen added.

"Doesn't that clearly violate Article 8 in the Jujutsu regulations regarding secrecy?" Megumi asked in annoyance to which Tengen simply shrugged in response.

"There must also be curse users among the fighters, so be careful." Tengen warned us.

This was the only info we got from Master Tengen regarding the suspended 3rd-year student, Kinji Hakari. Right now, after changing into some new casual clothes from our usual uniform, Megumi, Yuji, and I were walking through the middle of the woods thinking of our next plans to approach Hakari.

"Why did we change clothes?" Yuji asked.

"Hakari senpai clashed with the authorities and got suspended from school and now he's currently engaged in illegal Jujutsu activities, so if he realizes we are from Jujutsu High he might bolt. It's like we are the cops and he is the robber." I explained and Yuji gave me a confused look.

"Huh? So we are on Jujutsu High's side?" Yuji asked.

"That's a gray area. But to Hakari senpai, we might as well be." Megumi chimed in.

"Do you think he'll cooperate?" Yuji asked in concern as we walked towards an abandoned building where we could find the Fight Club association.

"Given what he's involved in I'm not sure. All the senpai say he's good for nothing, but Okkotsu senpai says Hakari senpai is stronger than him. We need his strength." Megumi stated before we made our way through the parking lot of that building and there we were confronted by two unknown men, one of them was a big muscular man while the other one was a small guy in a black suit.

"Scram. This ain't no place for kids. Go back now or I'll clobber you." the muscular man threatened with a deep scowl on his face, walking up to us.

"We need money so let us join the fights." Megumi replied in a serious monotone voice.

And just then, out of nowhere, the muscular man threw a fist toward Megumi which stopped just right in front of his face instead of colliding with it while the Fushiguro boy remained completely unfazed and didn't even flinch a bit. I furrowed my eyebrows a bit and gave that older man a skeptical look.

"Rule no. 1 is no one says anything about the club." The man stated, still holding his thrown fist in front of Megumi's face. "So tell me who told you. Then I'll beat the snot out of you."

And that was when I stepped in.

"We didn't get his name before we killed him." I lied nonchalantly in the most believable way possible, holding a serious look on my face as I crossed my arms over my chest. "It was about a month ago. Remember that scumbag who was full of it?"

I didn't know if anyone left the Fight Club a month ago or not, so it was a lie I just came up with, meaning given the situation we were in, I was literally playing with fire right now. Megumi and Yuji gave me somewhat a concerned look for my lies while the muscular man glanced over at me in confusion.

"Kondo disappeared a month ago." The man in a black suit stated out from behind the muscular one and this made me and the boys feel relieved a bit.

"Let me take his place, or shall I lay you flat in front of the bookie?" Megumi asked in a challenging tone.