Chapter 21: His Belief In Fate

3rd Person's POV (At the Zenin Clan's estate)

Right after their escape from the Jujutsu High students, Sukuna (now in Megumi's body) and Uraume finally reached the Zenin clan's residence where Sukuna's "bath" ritual was going to take place. Upon reaching there, Sukuna wasted no time and got busy with the rituals of the "bath" in the Cursed Warehouse of the Zenin estate while Uraume and Kenjaku found themselves conversing with each other outside that room, waiting for Sukuna to finish his bath and come out any time soon.

"To finish the Culling Game?" Uraume asked in a confused tone, holding some fresh clean clothes for Sukuna.

"Yes. I can't merge Tengen with humanity until I end the calling game." Kenjaku confirmed with a knowing smile.

"But you are the one who designed the game to continue." Uraume countered back with a scoff, annoyed.

"In order to establish such an insane game, I took a binding vow to end what was permanent." Kenjaku explained.

"Then go do it. What are you doing here?" Uraume scolded him with a frowning face, causing Kenjaku to pout. 

"You don't want to hear how? Too bad..." Kenjaku whined out loud with a small pout before letting out a sigh and smiling again. "I'm interested in the bath. The bath is a ritual for turning a vessel that is cherished as a family treasure into a cursed tool to protect it from external threats. It means 10 months and 10 days of soaking the vessel in a solution with cursed energy obtained by crushing a choice selection of venomous creatures. Sounds nasty. You're doing that to cursed spirits?"

"When killed, a cursed spirit turns to dust. The same is generally true for their severed body parts. So I carefully wrung each one and then used my cursed technique to freeze core parts such as the head to sever it. I diced and filtered the rest." Uraume replied calmly as they started to head towards Sukuna where he was taking his bath.

"What's the point of soaking in it?" Kenjaku asked in confusion as they arrived where Sukuna was at that moment, the Cursed Warehouse or the Cursed Pit.

It was a massive room with a staircase on one side where people had to walk down to reach the actual floor of the room. In that room, there was this huge sac hanging on the top of the ceiling, and inside the sac contained venomous insects, such as scorpions, spiders, centipedes, lice, snakes, etc., and so many other stuff. And from that sac above leaked out some sort of thick dark-colored liquid form which dripped down from the sac and filled the floor of the room like a pool.