Chapter 20: A Shattered Heart

Nana's POV (November 14th, 2018 – At Tokyo Colony No. 1) 

Two days passed by since Megumi and I fought and defeated Reggie Star and encountered Hana Kurusu aka the Angel for the very first time. At first, I thought she would be an enemy or would be working with Kenjaku or something, but later it was revealed to me that Hana was one of the good ones and wanted to help us out with this whole Culling Game situation, giving me the reassurance and relief that I desperately wanted. After my encounter with Hana, she and I decided to carry an unconscious Megumi to a nearby 5-star hotel to rest and recover from our injuries, and on the way, we bumped into Yuji and Takaba. So later, the four of us decided to team up together and stay over at the designated hotel where we were supposed to go until Megumi woke up from his unconscious state.

The date was November 14th and the sun had already gone down for the day while the night came over. Megumi still hadn't woken up from his sleep and it started to worry me a bit. I did almost everything I could do to heal his wounds and bring him back to full recovery with my Reverse Cursed Technique and now the only thing left for me was to wait for him to wake up. I was sitting by his side on the bed where Megumi was laying and resting, and all of a sudden, I noticed him twitch a bit in his sleep, signaling that he was finally waking up and regaining his consciousness.

"Megumi..." I softly called out his name, running my fingers gently through his raven locks as he stirred up from his sleep.

"Nana..." he responded back in a low gruff tone, squinting his eyes to get his vision adjusted to the light of the room before slowly fluttering them open.

"Hi, good morning..." I greeted him with a warm smile while admiring his beautiful face which I found quite alluring and captivating at that moment.

"Hey..." he greeted back, his facial expression softened at the sight of me and I helped him to sit up on the bed. "Where are we?"

Megumi looked around the room in confusion and I was expecting that reaction from him.

"We're staying over at a hotel for now." I replied. "You, me, Yuji, Takaba-san and also the Angel..."

Upon hearing my words, Megumi's dark eyes widened a bit in surprise and right at that moment, Hana walked into the room.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well, destined one?" Hana greeted him with a sweet smile but Megumi didn't respond back and instead simply gave her that infamous monotone look of his.

"How long was I out?" he asked, looking back at me again.

"About two days. It's the night of the 14th." I replied.

And just then, two more familiar individuals walked into the scene and they were Yuji and Takaba who came back from the convenience store with food to eat.

"Yo! You awake?!" Takaba greeted Megumi, energetic as usual, holding up the plastic bags in his hands. "You must be hungry. I swiped us some eats."

"Pino ice cream!!" Yuji cheered happily from beside Takaba as he ate his treat, looking completely unbothered by the situation we were in.

"Did they have chocolate mint?" Hana asked, walking up to them.

"Yep! At shops, where there's still electricity, the frozen foods are still good. But why is the power on?" Takaba asked in confusion before taking a seat on the couch.

"Can't you guess? There hasn't been an earthquake and cursed spirits don't attack buildings. There might be leakages, but it was decided to supply power from outside for the people left behind." I replied.

"That's right." Hana agreed with me, nodding her head, and looked over at the older man. "Takaba-san, you became a player outside, right? On the way here, did you hear anything on the news?"