you are mine (nischay)

Nishchay's pov

Our adventure has been exhausting, and I guess in turn we've grown a bit fond of each other? Or, at least, I knew I was definitely fond of y/n.

What was funny, though, was that we weren't even fucking close to Alternia. Well, we were in a logical sense; closer to Alternia than to Helgen, where we began our journey. But, oh well. We still had to hit, like, a dozen places and whatever. And I only pray to...to whoever the fuck that we don't run into another fucking dragon. That nearly killed us, despite having the fucking dragonborn alongside me.

But, after everything, as we stumbled into a cabin we rented for the night in Winterhold, I was thankful she had come to my rescure in the first place. Grumbling as I fumbled with my attire, I realized I should thank her finally.

"Hey, y/n," my voice isn't as loud I had tried for.

"What is it, nischay ?" Hers too.

"Thanks," I keep my eyes on my boots as I struggle to take them off.

"Well, like I said, you can get the next room we rent, so-"

"No." I sit up straight in my wooden chair to peer across the room at her. She returned the favor, perking up on the window sill she had chosen to sit on. Her red boots were strewn in the doorway along with a few articles of her and my own clothes. I take a moment, dully noting her half nudity if it weren't for her undergarments. It's nothing I haven't seen before, what with basically living with her on the road for this fucking entire year.

"No, I mean...thank you. For, you know, rescuing me and whatever. It means a lot to me."

I flinch as I hear myself; my gratitude sounds sarcastic and shitty, but the smile that parts her pink lips reassures me. I smile back.

"You're welcome, nischay. I'm glad I saved you."

My head inclined involuntarily, but I try to ignore the strange remark. Or is it a flattering remark?

Standing to my feet, I take off my shirt. I stand there for a moment or two, in my boxers, before climbing into the huge bed. "I wish there was some way to repay you," I began slowly, diving the bed with the body pillow that had been lying in wait to be used. I had shoved all the blankets to her side, claiming the sheets as my own, just as we always done every time we were required to share a room. Which was, in actuality, a lot of the time.

She climbed in after me and slipped under her respective covers. "You know, she started, sitting on her elbow and looking at me over the body pillow. I mimicked her, staring at her in the dim light of the fireplace that sat across the room. "There is something you could do, for little old me." Although her eyes are red and sightless, I can see the determination in them.

I stare at her. For a little while, I expect her to ask me to go and fetch some food. I respond accordingly with a sigh.

"What do you want from the shop?"

She giggles warmly, inching closer. I can feel the bed shift under her weight, my eyes widening slightly as she removed the body pillow, setting it at our heads. Suddenly, the blanket was being shared between the two of us, and her body heat was more than enough to wake me up entirely as our chests touched. "You're adorable, nischay."