🏎 3 🏎

We are now a week on. I just got myself all ready. My parents and I have the interview with formula 1 today to see what my chances are. I'm pretty nervous but hope something good comes out of it.

I put on my shoes and coat and then we walk to the car. My father starts the engine and we start driving. "Nervous?" Asks my mother. I nod. "Don't be Juul, they see talent in you so I'm sure it should be fine" says my dad. I smile at him and put my earphones in. We have to drive for an hour.

After an hour we arrive at the office. We walk into the building and report to the desk. "Good afternoon, we have an interview, Adams family" my mother says. The woman types something on the laptop. "I see indeed, 2nd floor, room 3! Have fun" she says kindly. We thank her and then go upstairs.

We walk to the right room and knock on the door. A man of average age opens the door. We introduce ourselves and sit down at the table. We get something to drink and then the man starts talking.

"So Julie Adams, our employees have seen that you have talent, they showed a video and we all agree" says the man nodding to the other 4 people at the table. "Do you know what awaits you when you start training for Formula 1?" He asks me.

"No sir" I say. "It starts with 4 times a week to the kart track, 2 days a week to the gym and one day off a week. You can decide for yourself which days you will do what, but a schedule will be made" the man says. "And can you combine this with school?" My mother asks.

"We would like her to start next season in Formula 1, that means we have 15 months to get her ready for the next season" the man says. My mother nods.

"Most of the drivers start karting at an age of 6 sometimes younger, so she starts pretty late and it will be hard working for her but there is a chance it will work and we think it's a big chance" he says

"We'd also prefer her to come along every race weekend so she can see what it's like" says now another man at the table. "But that's already hard with school" says my mother. "We have thought of something for this" says now a woman.

"She can just go to school Monday through Thursday, then she flies to where the Grand-prix is on Thursday night. Friday she does her classes online and then she's there all weekend. Sunday night she flies back home to go back to school on Monday" she explains. My mother nods.

"Of course we have to check with the school first, school can know what we are doing it for but otherwise no one can know, we want to keep it a secret until after your first race then when you are done and get out of the car you take off the helmet and then everyone will see it" the man says.

"Why that?" Asks my mother. "Because otherwise people will start judging before they've even seen me drive" I fill in the man's sentence. The man nods.

"To me it seems worth the gamble" says my father. I nod. "It looks like a super cool opportunity to me, and I want to grab it with both hands" I say. "Then I think we should do it" says the man.

He grabs a folder with a piece of paper in it. "This is the contract, shall we sign it?" He asks. We all nod and put our signatures down.

"Welcome to Formula One" says the man as he shakes my hand.