🏎 4 🏎

*13 months later*
We are now 13 months on. I've been training hard for the past year and things have improved a lot. We are now on our way to the office, we were called out of the blue if we could come for an interview right away. I am very nervous, what if something is not right?

I shake off the thought and then my father parks the car. We walk into the office and report back to the desk. We are directed upstairs and knock on the door again.

As we walk into the room I quickly look around the room. The 4 people from last time are sitting there again. But there are now 3 new people sitting at the table with them. Zak Brown, Charlotte and Lando Norris. I swallow when I see them sitting there.

The weekends I have gone with them to the grand-prixes I have only seen all the drivers from a distance so as not to be noticed.

"Good afternoon family Adam" the man shakes my hand again. I go past everyone and introduce myself to Zak, Charlotte and Lando.

We all sit back down and the man starts talking. "Thanks for coming so quickly" the man says. My dad nods at him. "Zak will you take the floor?" He asks.

Zak nods and starts talking. "As you know we belong to McLaren, and this year Sergio Perez is quitting Redbull Racing, redbull has made Daniel Ricciardo an offer to drive for redbull again and he has accepted it. Which means another McLaren seat is vacant" says Zak.

"They have shown us a few videos of how you drive and we would like to let you do a few test laps in our McLaren formula one car to see if it suits you, and if this goes well we would like to offer you a contract at McLaren for the 2022 season" says Zak.

"What do you think?" Asks Lando.

"I would really like this" I say.

"When could you possibly go for a test drive, we could possibly go this weekend! There won't be any people around since the season hasn't started yet" says Zak.

"That would work out for us too, Julie has vacation now too so there's no problem with school either" says my mom.

"We will start at Silverstone, that is easily accessible for all of us. And we can arrange something since we know the owners. We'll arrange your plane tickets and the hotel stay" says Charlotte.

"Totally fine, we'll be there!" Says my father.

"Good that's it for today, I actually want to discuss something with Mr. and Mrs. Adam, Julie and Lando can you wait in the hallway?" Asks the man. Lando and I nod and walk out the door.

"I've seen your race videos, you're really talented" says Lando. "Thanks, but that's only in a kart, an f1 car is something else" I laugh. "No it's going to work out for you, you're going to build up an amazing career little one, mark my words" he says. I smile at him and then my parents come out.

"Otherwise give me your number, we can discuss things easier and stuff" says Lando. I give him my number and then go back home with my parents.

"And how do you like it? Maybe just driving for McLaren!" Says my mom. "Really super cool! They seem like really nice people too" I say. "We are already proud of you, with what you have achieved!" Says my dad. "Thanks dad, I couldn't do it without you guys" I say as I give my parents a kiss on the cheek.