🏎 13 🏎

Today is the day of qualifying. We just did fp3 and I think it went pretty well. There is a chance that I can just get to p10 for qualifying. I would be very happy with that.

I am now in my room when my phone rings. Lynn wants to facetime. I am in a hoodie so I can do it. I sit down in front of a white wall so she can't see anything of my drivers room and answer.

"Hey Lynn!" I say happily. "Hey Juul? How's it going over there?" She asks. "Great, only have school from Monday but the people here are super nice" I lie. "Can't you take a room tour?" She asks. Shit...

Right at that moment there is a knock on the door. "Uhm not now maybe tomorrow, they are calling me for dinner" I say quickly. "Oh ok, see you tomorrow then" she says. "Bye" I say and hang up.

"Come in" I call to the door. Charlotte walks in. "Are you ready? Qualifying starts in 30 minutes" she says. I nod and we get dressed again.

After 15 minutes we are ready and we walk towards the garage. We do some things and then I sit in the car.

The signal comes that I can drive out of the pit lane for Q1. I start the engine and start driving.

After two laps I was brought in.

"You are now on p12, this is good for now and in Q1 you don't have to go out anymore" says the performance engineer. I nod and get out. They explain some more things and then it is time for Q2.

I start the engine again and drive onto the track. After one lap they want to bring me in. I enter the pit lane and they change my soft tyres for medium ones.

After 3 minutes I was allowed back on the track. I drove out of the pit lane and was told to go for a fast lap. Just before the start I slow down a bit and as soon as I cross the start line I accelerate hard.

I drive a fast lap and shoot up to p6.

Then it is time for Q3. Lando is still there, he drove to p4.

We drive onto the track for the last time. The last 3 minutes of qualifying have started. I haven't moved up a place yet, but with p6 I am already very happy.

I am doing my last lap when I hear the performance engineer. "You are driving super fast, come on! Keep pushing keep pushing" this is the motivation to drive even faster. I cross the finish line and hear shouting in my ear.

"P5! P5! Good job!" says the performance engineer. "come on" I shout loudly.

I drive my car to the right place and climb out. I run towards my team and hug everyone. I walk up to Max, Lewis and Bottas who are p1, p2 and p3 and give them a punch.

"I am really curious to know who is behind that helmet" says Max "You really should wait until tomorrow" says Lando. I turn around and give him a hug.

"Well done little one" he says softly.

Lando endend p4.

Now I am even more looking forward to tomorrow, it is going to be a great race.