🏎 5 🏎

I wake up and click the alarm clock off. Today we fly to England for the test laps at Silverstone. I live in the Netherlands.

I change my clothes and have breakfast downstairs with my parents. "Are you looking forward to it?" My father asks. I nod. "Yes very much!" I answer. "Good" says my mother.

When we are finished we clear the table and check one last time that we have packed everything. We put on our shoes, and put on a thin jacket since it is summer.

We drive towards the airport and park the car. My sisters were wondering what we were going to do, but we talked ourselves out of it.

- Time skip to landing in England -

We have just landed. We walk to the place where our suitcases will be collected. We are here for 2 days to test drive, if McLaren decides they want to take me in their team these 2 days will be extended to a week so we can arrange things, otherwise it will only be 2 days.

When we are waiting for our suitcases to arrive my father is called. "Work, I have to take this call" my father says. "Dad, can't you do a week without work" I sigh. "Sorry, it's important" he says and walks away. I sigh and sit down on a chair.

"You know work is very important to us" my mother says. "Yeah, so do you pay those people so they can eat out of their noses all day? You pay them so THEY can keep an eye on things, don't you?" I say, irritated.

My mother sighs and walks towards my father to listen in. I take our suitcases from the tyres and walk to my parents. I give their suitcases and walk on. My parents quickly walk behind me and flag down a taxi.

I know I'm being silly, but work is always important to them. Even when we are on holiday they have to keep an eye on their business. After all, they have hired employees for that.

We drive to the hotel and check in. It is now 10 o'clock and at 3 o'clock we have to be at the circuit. I have my own room, and my parents have theirs too. I go to my room and plop down on my bed.

I didn't sleep much last night so I put on my pyjamas and decide to go to sleep for a while.

I wake up to a knock at the door. I look at my phone and see that it's 11 o'clock. I sigh, get up and open the door. My parents walk into my room, my mother has a nervous look on her face. So does my dad and he's never nervous.

"What is it?" I ask. "We're really sorry for you, we know how important this is to you" my mother says. "But? What?" I ask. "Things are getting totally out of hand with the case, we have to go back to Holland" my father says. My mouth falls open with surprise.

"You are serious?" I ask. My mother nods and stares at the ground. "Well nice is that" I say grumpily as I kick away a piece of clothing on the floor.

"We don't want you sleeping alone in this hotel, so we asked if you could stay with Lando. He agreed and will pick you up in 10 minutes" my father says. I sigh and nod.

"Hey, we know how important this is to you and we really wanted to be there for you. But we also have to think about our business, we can't go bankrupt" my father says. "I know dad, but it's just annoying that those employees of yours are still too stupid to shit" I say. My father laughs. "You are going to do great, and McLaren is going to sign the contract with you I am sure" he says while pulling me into a hug.

I say goodbye to them and then they leave the room and I put my stuff back in my suitcase after I have changed. When I am sitting on my bed Lando calls me. I answer.

"Hey" I say. "Hey, are you coming I'm downstairs" he says. "Coming" I answer and hang up.