🏎 23 🏎

It is already Sunday of the Grand Prix in Australia. The one and a half weeks in the Netherlands was super fun. On Friday I showed the boys and Ria my favorite places in the neighborhood. It was also nice to see my family and friends again.

It is now time to get in the car for the race. We check everything one last time and then I can drive out of the pit for the formation lap. Today I start from p3, Max is p2 and Lewis p1. Lando will start from p7.

After the formation lap everyone gets on the right grids. The lights go on one by one and then all off again. The cars' engines roar and we are off. Max has a better start than Lewis and lands on p1, Lewis drops to P2 and I stay on p3.

After 5 laps I manage to overtake Lewis on the inside, but after 2 laps he manages to overtake me again.

On lap 18 I had to pit. I was driving on softs but now switch to mediums. After 7 laps I manage to come back to p3 with Lewis still in front of me on p2. I'm going to attack from the outside this time when I see another opportunity. I also manage to overtake him and end up back on p2. But again this only lasts a few laps before Lewis catches me again.

After another 6 laps I see another opportunity. "Push! Push!" I hear in my ear. I manage to pass Lewis again on the inside. Only at this moment Lewis deviates to the right, where I drive. I try to save myself but I drive into the wall while driving 170km/h. For a moment it's black, I hear my engineer calling my name but can't answer.

After what feels like an hour I regain some sight. I see a dented wall in front of me and from a distance I see the Marshalls coming running. "Are you okay?" I hear my performance engineer again. "I guess so?" I answer questioningly. "I can't feel my legs" I say a little panicked now. "Don't panic, wait for the Marshalls to come to you! They will help you get out" he says. "Okay" I say in a broken voice.

Within seconds a man is standing in front of me. "Mrs. Adams, are you okay?" He asks. I shake my head. "I can't feel my legs, and I have a stabbing headache" I say. Someone unclicks my steering wheel and takes it out, they also unclick my belt. When I am completely unbuckled they ask me to try to get out by myself. I try to pull myself up through the halo but don't get very far. Halfway through they help me get out of the car.

When I'm out I finally start to get some feeling back in my legs. "Sit down" says the man, who I think is a doctor. I sit down on the only part of the front of my car that is still straight, the other part is completely dented. Just like the wall.

I unclip my helmet and remove it from my head, one of the people startles. The doctor quickly grabs a bandage from his case and holds it to my head. "I'm going to ask you a few questions, okay?" Asks the man. I nod. "What's your name?" He asks. "Julie "I answer. "How old are you?" "15" "where are you from?" "The Netherlands" "where are you?" "Australia" the man nods. "No memory loss luckily" he says. I nod.

"How are your legs?" He asks. "Better, but they still hurt" I reply. "Can you walk to the ambulance?" He asks. "Ambulance? There's no need for that, is it?" I ask. "You have a head wound that needs stitches, first no feeling in your legs and now they hurt. You need to be checked out" says the man. I sigh, but then Charlotte comes running up.

"You scared me" she says as she gently gives me a hug. I suddenly cringe in pain, something about my ribs isn't good either. "If Hamilton had just given me space" I say irritated as I throw my helmet on the ground. "Just calm down, first we're going to the hospital to check you out. That stuff with Hamilton will come later" Charlotte says. "He's certainly not bothered by anything?" I ask angrily.

"Just a broken front wing" she says looking away nervously. "And a free pit stop to replace that again with the red flag, I'll still catch him" I shout angrily. "Calm down Juul" she says. "No it's unfair" I say as I angrily wipe a tear from my cheek, my ribs really hurt a lot.

"Come we go" says the doctor. I sigh and put an arm around his neck and Charlotte's, and that way they help me to the ambulance.