🏎 26 🏎

It's now Saturday night July 30, in 10 minutes it will be 12 o'clock and that's my birthday. We are now downstairs in the lobby with all the drivers except Lewis. With him I still haven't spoken a word. I did share a few podiums with him and we respectfully boxed each other but we didn't talk. We have a drink and Steve, Niran, Max, Aarav and Ria are there too.

I haven't seen my family in 2 months. When we finally had time to fly to Holland my dad got covid. So I have not seen them. This is especially hard for me now because I turn 16 tomorrow.

After a few minutes Carlos stands up. "10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1" everyone counts down. Charlotte has made sure in those 10 seconds that I am standing on my chair. I can feel my head getting as red as a tomato.

At 0, everyone starts singing. Many people are filming it. When everyone is done I get off my chair again. Lando comes to me first, he lifts me up and gives me a hug. "Congratulations little one" he says. I thank him and say hello to the rest as well.

After another half hour of talking, me and Ria decide to go to our hotel room. Ria is sleeping with me. Tomorrow we have to be on the circuit at 11 o'clock so we leave at 10:30. We say goodbye to everyone and go upstairs.

Tomorrow is the race in Hungary, I like this circuit very much so I am looking forward to it. We change our clothes and get into bed. I quickly app with my family and then fall into a deep sleep.

I wake up to a loud noise and hit the alarm clock. I sigh and turn over once more but am soon woken up again by Ria. "Come on sleepyhead, you have a race to win" she says smiling. I sigh and roll myself out of bed.

I quickly change in the bathroom and do my makeup and hair. I curl it and put it up half way.

"Are you looking forward to it?" Ria asks. I nod. "Ya I just hope no one starts singing anymore" I laugh. "They will" says Lando laughing as he and Max enter the room.

I laugh and finish my hair. "Also I'm sad my family can't be there, I miss them" I admit. Lando puts an arm around me. "Will be fine little one, in 2 weeks you can see them again" he says. I smile and grab the last of my stuff before we walk to breakfast.

After breakfast we head to the paddock. When we are almost at the building Ria suddenly starts filming. Questioningly I look at her, but before I can ask her anything I hear someone whistle behind me. I turn around and my jaw almost drops to the ground.

There come my parents, sisters plus boyfriends, aunt, uncle and grandparents walking up. "No" I say as I slap my hands in front of my mouth. I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Surprised, I turn around to find Lando standing there laughing. "You knew this?" I ask. He nods smiling. "We all did" laughs Pierre as all the drivers run up.

I laugh and run up to my family. I give everyone a hug. At that moment everyone starts singing. "Oh no" I say as I feel myself turning red again. "I told you it was still going to happen today" laughs Lando. I smile for a moment as well.

My family walks to their spots above the garage along with the boys and Ria. Lando and I head to the garage. In an hour we have to get on the track.

As we walk into the garage everyone starts singing again. Charlotte comes running up with a big cake. There are two people on the cake, Lando and me. It was during our first race together. I smile at the cake. I blow out the candles and everyone starts clapping. "Speech! Speech!" I hear a few people call out.

Everyone slowly gets quiet and looks at me. "Well first of all I want to thank everyone, you could almost start a choir together" I begin. Laughter sounds. "I am super happy to be working with such a super team like you! We win together and lose together, all as one team!" I end my story. Everyone claps. "Okay let's go race!" Shouts I.

After an hour it is time for the race. I start from p2 and Lando p3. Max is on p1 and Lewis p4. It was a super good qualifying yesterday. We have already won 3 races, if we win this one we will lead the championship.

We drive our formation lap and drive to our grid place. The lights go on one by one and then all off again. I hit the gas hard and have a super good start. In the first corner I pass Max on the inside. I am now on p1.

The whole race nothing exciting happens only a few battles between me and Max but I stay on 1. And the finish line is getting closer. With 300km/h I cross the finish line. "You did it! P1! You now lead the championship!" Shouts my Performance engineer. "YESSSSS!!!" Shouts I happily.

We drive into the pit lane and put our car in the right place. I see Max in p2 and then Lando comes up and puts his car in p3. I loosen my steering wheel and stand on the front of my car and throw my arms in the air. Everyone starts cheering. I jump off the car sn give Max a hug. "Well done! You earned this one" he says. "Thank you! It was a good battle" I say. Then I walk around the car to Lando. I run up to him and he lifts me up and spins me around. "Great job little one" he says happily.