🏎 21 🏎

My alarm clock wakes me up and I click it off with a sigh. Because nobody knows that we are in the Netherlands at the moment, it will not be crowded with photographers and interviewers at school. We had this a lot in England, especially in the city. That is why we were often at home.

I walk to my closet and choose a set, it is sunny but not very hot. I quickly look at my phone to see what the temperature will be and it says 18 degrees. I let my eyes slide over my closet again and find the perfect outfit.

I put it on and walk into the bathroom

I put it on and walk into the bathroom. I do my hair and make up. I quickly take a selfie in the mirror and send it only to Ria. Normally I would have sent it to my best friend as well but then she would know that I am at home because of the bathroom.

I walk downstairs and put a sandwich in the toaster. Meanwhile I cut up an avocado and boil two eggs. I take the sandwiches out of the toaster and put them on a plate. I spread the avocado on the sandwich and put the sliced egg on top. I add some salt and pepper and sit down at the table.

I scroll through some social media while I eat my breakfast. My followers have gone up a lot since the race. I am now at 2.9 million followers. I decide to post a photo of me and Lando in the paddock after our first podium together. We give each other a hug and in the background you can see the McLaren team cheering.

When I have posted the photo I clean up my plate and walk back upstairs. I quickly brush my teeth and put on lip gloss. I walk to my room and get my book bag. I walk downstairs and put on my Dr. Martens.

When I am about to put on my coat I am called by Lando. "Should I bring you?" He asks immediately when I answer. I smile for a moment. "Hello to you too" I say. I hear Lando laugh. "If you have time please" I reply. "I'll be at your door in two minutes" he says. And hangs up.

After two minutes I hear the horn and walk out. I get into the car laughing, but am startled when I hear Max in the back laughing too. "I wasn't expecting you," I say, laughing. "I was awake anyway" he laughs. "Yes, just like the whole street because of you honking" I say to Lando as I give him a gentle slap on the arm. He laughs and starts the engine.

We arrive at school five minutes late, classes have already started and there's nobody in the hallway. I expressly agreed with my teacher on this as a surprise for Lilly and Grace, my best friends. I give Lando and Max a hug and get out of the car.

I walk into the school building and see a teacher walk past who I had last year for Maths. I wave at her and she waves back. I walk up the long stairs and go to the 3rd floor. I don't knock on the door but open it immediately. "I'm back" I shout happily. The teacher smiles at me and I see the heads of Lilly and Grace turn towards the door.

As soon as they see me their mouths fall open, just like the rest of the class. Suddenly I feel very watched. I don't have long to think about it, as I'm being hugged by Lilly. I hug her back and then give Grace a hug too.

I walk over to a few more people I'm friends with and then I want to sit down. "Before we start the lesson, welcome back Julie! Julie will be here for a week and then unfortunately has to go back to England and then fly on to Australia for the next race! Are there any questions for Julie?" Says the teacher. A few people nervously raise their hands. The teacher nods her head as a hint that I should come forward.

I do so and answer a few questions.

The lesson passed quickly and we have a break now. I stayed to talk to the teacher for a while and now Lilly, Grace and I walk into the overflowing cafeteria. It suddenly falls silent. "Wow that's Julie" "she drives for formula 1" "she is friends with Lando" I hear people whisper. We sit down at a table and do our thing.

After the break we go to our next class, and so the rest of the day goes on.