🏎 18 🏎

It is now the next race weekend. We flew to Saudi Arabia last night, Tuesday to Wednesday. We were in England for 2 days and then had to leave immediately.

The 2 days in England I had to follow online lessons. My camera was turned off as I was in high demand but I had to focus on the lesson. After this weekend, there is no race for a week so then I go back to the Netherlands to follow lessons in real life for a week. Because that was the agreement.

It is 5 o'clock in the morning when we arrive at our hotel. Lando and I both go back to our room to get some sleep. I only have one lesson tomorrow, at 12. We have a press conference at 11 and 1. Why 2? No idea. I have one with Lando, Lewis and Seb and one with Yuki, Max and Daniel.

I like them all so it's not a big deal. It's just that I have to do a lesson in between, in the room while all the other drivers are there too so I hope I can focus.

I quickly change into pyjamas and flop down on the bed, the suitcase will come tomorrow. I set my alarm at 9 o'clock and quickly fall asleep.

A loud beeping sound wakes me up, my alarm clock. I sigh and push it out. I get up and walk to my closet. When I open it, all I see is a bathrobe. Oh yes, I haven't unpacked my suitcase yet.

I stumble to my suitcase and pull out an outfit. I choose black denim short with my white McLaren polo shirt. I put this orange jacket over it.

 I put this orange jacket over it

(Jacket she wears)

When I'm dressed, I walk to the bathroom where I quickly curl my hair, put the front pieces back and fix them with a clip.

I quickly do my make-up and then someone knocks on the door. I open the door and while I do that I walk back into the room to get my shoes. White Nike Air Force 1 with an orange Nike logo, on the back it says "26" because that's my number.

In the meantime Lando has entered my room. I give him a hug and while I spray on my perfume he says "Charlotte won't make it to breakfast, so we can start eating now". "Okay, I just need to get my phone" I say to Lando. I walk to my phone and start up Snapchat. "Lando come here" I say. Lando gets up and comes and stands next to me in front of the window.

I take a picture of us and save it. I smile and put it on my story, I also put it on my insta story and then quickly grab a bag, sunglasses and my mouth mask. In the hotel we have to wear it when we walk through the hall, but once we're seated we can take it off.

We walk downstairs and sit down at the table with Daniel and Max. We talk a bit and after half an hour we go to the place where the press conference will be held. I quickly get my bag with stuff and then we go.

It's now time for the first press conference, which I have with Lando, Lewis and Seb. A few simple questions are asked to all 3 of us. "Julie, what is it like for you to race in Formula 1 at such a young age?" someone asks. "Exciting, people pay extra attention to you because I'm so young and a girl, and you always think about what happens if your career doesn't succeed" is my answer.

After three quarters of an hour we have finished and it is time for my lesson. After fifteen minutes, the teacher starts shouting, a boy is throwing something through the class and has to report back. Only he gives a big mouth back.

All the drivers look at my laptop strangely because they do not understand anything but hear shouting. "You're going to leave my class now," the teacher shouts loudly. I can see through the camera that she has turned red. Max and I start laughing super hard, because he understands.

After my lesson, it's time for the 2nd press conference. "What's it like having such a young girl on the track?" Asks someone to the guys. "Scary" says Daniel. Yuki nods along with him. "Why?" Asks the person to Yuki. "Because she is still so young, I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we will all drive a little more carefully anyway if we have to overtake her or something" says Yuki.

"But it's also a lot more sociable among the drivers" says Max. "Everyone has admitted that she already feels like a sister to all of us" says Daniel. I cannot suppress a small smile.

When this interview is also finished we can go back to the hotel. Tomorrow the trackwalk.