🏎 8 🏎

I am already back from the week in England. We did a few more days of test laps to get used to the car. They all went very well in my opinion so that is good.

We have one last meeting planned today with Zak, my parents, Charlotte, Lando and me. This one is online since they are all home and so are we.

"Juul, are you coming" says my mother. I click off my bed and walk downstairs. We sit down at the computer and my mum starts up the meet. I'm wearing a jogging outfit and a bun, so not very interesting.

"Hey, Adams family," Zak says. We say hello and then my mum starts talking. "Me and Mark have been talking about it for a while and there's something we haven't thought about" says my mum. Mark is my father. I immediately look my mother in her direction.

"Julie is still only 15 years old, we would rather not have her flying off alone to another country every race weekend. And we don't have the time to go with her every weekend" my mother says. Surprised, I look at her. "Mum, be normal" I say. "Yes Julie, unless there is someone who always goes with you you are not going to fly alone" she says sternly.

"Julie's personal trainer will always be at the races but he doesn't live in the Netherlands so he wouldn't always be able to fly with her, and we don't have anyone who can always fly with us" says Zak.

"If Julie cannot fly alone, I will fly via Holland to the country where the race is. Otherwise she won't be able to race at all, and she has talent" says Lando.

"No Lando, you are not going to do that! You will get much too tired" says my mother.

"Can't Julie come and live with me for the period that the races are on" says Lando. I look up at the screen with a little hope.

"What about school?" Asks my mother. "You can do that online anyway" says my dad. I start to smile. "I don't know, will it get to her? It's her exam year, isn't it, Mark?" says my mother.

"They can let me do a test once every 3 weeks with the material of the 3 weeks to see what I know, if that goes badly you can always bring me back to Holland" I say.

My mother looks at me doubtfully. "Of course I have to discuss this with the school, give me five minutes and I'll call them" my mother says as she walks out of the room.

We discuss a few things, such as how we are going to announce ourselves after the first race, what our strategies are for the first race and what the chances are.

After 20 minutes, my mother comes back. We look at her with hope. "School agrees, but with a few measures! You have to follow every lesson online, except the one on Fridays because you have the free practices then, all the homework will be done and you will indeed get a mid-term test every 3 weeks. If your grades go down, you will be taken back," my mother says.

Gladly I give her a hug.

"Anyway, in two weeks is the first Race. We want Julie to fly to England next Sunday so she has 2 days to get used to Lando's house, then they fly to Bahrain on Wednesday" says Zak.

We discuss a few more things and after two hours we hang up.