Six ❥

When you'd calmed Joon gently set you on the bed across from him, using his sleeve to wipe your eyes. Just looking up into his soft eyes made you feel like coming apart again. He squeezed your arms and shushed you.

"Tell me what happened, just stick to the facts okay love?" You nodded slowly, gathering the words that made your chest feel hollow.

"When we got the CT scan results back the ER doctor started asking all these questions. He'd already said that the break was fine and Jackson shouldn't have any problems." Your voice was steady, but when Joon winced, realizing he'd been the cause of the ER visit to begin with you felt the unsteadiness coming back.

You quickly filled him in on the rest, willing yourself to push through, stick to only the details that mattered. Joon looked truly wrecked by the news but when you were done he kissed your forehead and sighed.

"Look Y/N, you don't know anything yet. We both know Jackson doesn't like being handled, so you're going to have to allow his managers to play bad cop, and you always take his side. If you need to fall apart call me, but you can't do it in front of him. He'll want to take care of you."

"Joon-"

"No baby, you're going to do what Yoongi-hyung says and put one foot in front of the other and just move forward. Whatever the next steps will be, you'll just face them. Sitting here and saying 'what if' won't change a damn thing." Hearing him talk made your insides flip, you didn't want to soldier on, you wanted to crawl under the covers and hide.

"What if I can't face it?" Joon wiped the tears that escaped with his thumb and looked thoughtful for a minute. His own eyes had turned red-rimmed with unshed tears.

"You will face it, until the moment that you can't. And then you can call me and I'll take you away from it. We'll run away." He smiled sadly like it was a bad joke but your heart felt too heavy to smile back.

"All this crying in here when there's perfectly good pastry in the kitchen!" Jin had flung the door open, breaking the tension. You welcomed the rush of his good energy flooding the room.

"We're coming Oppa, I'm starved." You managed to put on a smile as Jin waved his arms and wandered back out of the room.

"I'm not going to say anything to Jackson yet, if he thinks I've forgotten my anger out of pity it will only make things worse."

"I'm really sorry he said that about Sujin, I know you loved her."

"It was exactly the thing a guy says to another when they break up, I just wasn't in the mood for it. Let's just forget it okay?" Joon slid off the bed not looking at you as he headed for the doorway.

~

"Please take a seat." The woman who'd introduced herself as Dr Han had slid the films onto a light board in her office where you and Jackson sat. "My colleagues and I reviewed the CT scans sent over from Asan Medical Center." You squeezed his hand and took out a notebook, you'd planned on writing things down to remember later.

"This sunburst pattern you see here? That's what Dr Choi was concerned about last night." She was using the back of her pen to trace an area on the film.

You both nodded, her face made a feeling of dread pass through you. You glanced at your husband and took a slow breath. Whatever the doctor said next you'd get through it, one foot in front of the other, manifesting Yoongi.

"We see that in usually only one type of brain tumor, they are called glioblastomas." You started writing the word on your paper but you had no clue how to spell it, or even if you were sure you'd heard the word correctly.