Twenty Two

"Where are we going?" You'd been shocked that Joon had simply made a couple calls and now you were headed to the airport.

You'd stopped by his apartment first but it had only taken a moment. Sitting neatly in his closet he had a suitcase packed already, like he'd known you would ask.

"Costa Rica, there's lots to do, it's warm and beautiful and Jackson always wanted to hike up a volcano." He squeezed your hand and went back to typing on his phone.

"Is this going to ruin everything you're working on? Won't the guys be mad?" You toyed with a stray thread on his sleeve and pushed the guilt down.

"Everyone is ready to take a break anyway, Hobi and Yoongi booked a flight to LA and Jimin is taking Briar to Paris. Jin is probably already at the farm and Kookie is in Jeju with Tania. Tae was talking about Mongolia with friends. See? No reason to feel guilty." Joon hadn't looked at you, he was still frowning at his phone.

"How could they have made all these plans if they didn't know you'd be leaving?"

"They knew I would. Either you'd want to get away or I'd convince you." Joon looked at you this time briefly then swiped across his screen irritatedly.

"If you knew this was going to happen why do you look frustrated?"

"I don't know how to ask you if you want me to book one room or two." His dark dragon eyes turned to you full of concern. It was a weight between you but you were determined to lighten it.

"I can't stand the thought of sleeping alone another night. We're adults we can behave and make it work." Joon nodded, the tension in his eyes considerably eased.

You didn't really want to behave, if you'd needed his comfort for the months leading up to Jackson's death, you needed it more than ever now. You tugged the guilt you'd forced down between yourself and Joon again at that thought. You had allowed enough damage to come from that, this moment forward you were just best friends. Then why did you want to climb into his lap and make him put down his stupid phone?

Before you arrived at the airport the car pulled over in an abandoned parking lot. Joon kissed your forehead and promised to see you on the plane shortly. Slipping out of the car he switched to another where two security guards exited. One that you'd met many times, Lee Kyujin grabbed his suitcase moving it to the other vehicle.

Your phone dinged with a notification and you saw your boarding pass ready for you. You waved out your darkly tinted window but couldn't see Joon wave back. The second security guard you didn't recognize took his place in your car with a kind smile and you set off again.

"I'm Kwon Ji Hoon, Lee Kyujin and I travel with Namjoonssi all the time. We'll take good care of you both." His words were so warm you felt yourself relax.

You'd expected there was no chance Joon could travel alone. You'd never been able to travel alone with Jackson either. Even on your honeymoon security stayed in the housekeeping quarters of the private beach property.

The transition to the plane had been easy, Ji Hoon handling everything. You kept your mask on, hat pulled low and the two of you just looked like a couple making your way to your gate.

Joon of course was no where to be seen, probably already on the plane or waiting to board last, hanging out in some exclusive lounge. You remembered how difficult logistically it had been traveling with Got7 or even just Jackson alone.

"First class and business class can board now." A trim woman with an airline uniform called through a speaker and you and Ji Hoon stood.

When you arrived at your row Joon was already there smiling up at you. He stood grabbing your bag and nodded to Ji Hoon who quietly joined Kyujin in the row behind you.