Thirty Three

"Y/N, wait, where are you going?" Ji Hoon came out of his room, bolting down the hall after you.

"Let me go, I need to leave." You didn't slow your pace, you needed to be away from this resort, that room. You were too trusting, too attached to a man that had no loyalty to you.

"Y/N, stop you can't just leave there's a safety risk." Ji Hoon gently caught your arm and you stopped.

"I can't see him, I don't want to see him. I don't think I will ever speak to him again." Tears were at your lashes and you realized you hadn't cried yet. You'd been in shock, your mind grappling with this news.

"I'm going to give you a hard truth Y/N-ah," his tone delicate in contrast to his words, "if you run away and break his heart before even speaking to him, let him go. Don't change your mind, he's got the world on his shoulders right now and if you can't even hear him out then don't look back. I'll take you to another room, another resort, the airport. But what you're doing is wrong."

"What I'm doing? Me? I didn't do anything." You were crying from deep in your chest, and Ji Hoon hugged you into his arms, making soft shushing noises.

"I read the press release." The words tumbled out miserably against his shirt.

"We just figured out that must be why dispatch hunted him down, they weren't supposed to release it yesterday. Someone leaked the news four days ago to them and Hybe pulled the trigger without telling anyone to downplay the scandal."

"I can't see him. Don't make me see him." The fact that everyone knew things and you were in the dark made you feel hopeless.

"Did you know about Sujin? His daughter?" Fresh tears poured out imagining Joon having a life with them. Was this how Joon had felt when you'd married Jackson? Was he doing this to punish you?

"No. Come on, I'll take you to my room."

He led you the short distance down the hall and opened his door. The room was similar to your own except it had two bedrooms extending off the living space instead of a sprawling patio. He settled you onto the couch and grabbed a bottle of water.

"I've never escorted Sujinssi or her daughter anywhere in the last year. The last time I saw Joon together with her was a month before he told me about Jackson."

This information didn't make sense, if Joon was getting married shouldn't one of his security team have seen them together? You sipped the water,  a hiccup of tears bubbling up. Maybe Kyujin escorted him when she was around.

You reached up touching the necklace at your throat, how could a man about to get married have done the things Joon had the last months? You couldn't make it make sense. His nonstop devotion to you, the way he loved you, the promises you'd made to each other, for what?

"They're back, what do you want me to tell Kyujin?" Ji Hoon was looking down at his phone his face pinched with worry.

"Ask him to wait with Joon in the room while you take me to the airport. I'll find a flight somewhere and make my own way home. Once I'm out of Costa Rica no one will bother me. I'm no one."

You choked up at that, you thought you were someone to Joon. A mountain of lies, and you knew you'd not even heard all of them.

The pounding at the door startled you, made you flinch. You both turned but the knocking didn't stop, you heard quiet deep voices then Joon was shouting.

"Please baby, don't do this, don't shut me out. You can't leave, Sujin doesn't change anything." Your back stiffened at her name in his mouth.

Sujin didn't change anything? His fiancé, future wife, mother of his child didn't change anything? Unreasonable fury poured into your body, you saw red and you couldn't even explain it. You stood stomping to the door and threw it open, Joon stood there looking desperate and upset.