[𝟒] 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

chapter 4 | makeover

OLIVIA, ALEX AND PENELOPE WERE SAT AT THE DINNER TABLE, as Alex and Olivia were talking about random stuff while they waited for Elena and Lydia to come.

"So, you haven't told me who you were texting yesterday?" Alex raised his brows and leaned against Olivia shoulder as she gave him a weird look.

"Yes I did. I said I was texting Charlotte." Olivia said, trying her best not to look suspicious since she knew Alex hated Henry and it would cause them problems.

"Livi. I can tell when you're lying. Just tell me who you were texting." Alex said calmly.

"I told you! I was just texting Char-" before she could finish her sentence, Lydia cut her off, revealing Elena behind her, with a full face of makeup on.

"Wonderful news. Elena can be in the Christmas card this year!" Lydia smiled and took pictures of Elena. It was obvious that she wasn't used to it since nobody ever saw her with makeup on and she never used it before.

"Oh, you look very nice." Penelope said in awe and Olivia nodded along.

"Thank you." Lydia said. Everyone looked at her weirdly

"I meant her." Penelope pointed to Elena.

"What? She didn't do anything." Lydia complained.

Alex stood up from his chair, walking to Elena, as he inspected the makeup on her face.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just, if you get hit with a hamburger again, it's gonna stick." Alex smirked. Olivia smacked his arm and glared at him.

"Ow. What'd you do that for?" Alex pouted.

"You just insulted Elena. She looks good." Olivia scolded.

"I'm just being honest." Alex put his hands up in defeat and sat down back on the chair. Olivia looked over at Elena, realising how pretty she looked. Olivia always wanted to be pretty. With her red hair, some girls from school would make fun of her for it and she would constantly complain about her hair to her parents and force them to let her dye it or something. Even though Olivia was kind of popular in school and most boys confessed that they had a crush on her, she still felt so..insecure and disgusted about herself.

"I wish I was pretty." Olivia mumbled, not even realising that she said anything.

"Did you say something?" Alex asked.

"Oh uh, no nothing never mind." Olivia laughed nervously. Alex looked at her weirdly before going back to packing his bag for school. They went went stood beside Elena, watched as Penelope applied some blush on her cheek and did the same for Lydia.

"Ay, gracias." Lydia smirked. They soon left the apartment, going to school.

♡︎

Elena, Alex and Olivia were walking home from school after a tired and long day. Olivia was really sleepy and there were bags under her eyes. Once they reached the Alvarez apartment, the door opened revealing Schneider.

"Hey kiddo." Schneider smiled widely as he ruffled Olivia's hair and fist bumped Alex.

"Oh, what happened to your face?" Lydia gasped once she noticed that Elena's makeup was gone.

"Um I took the makeup off after first period because people were staring at me and all these boys were talking to me, which is the last thing I want." Elena cringed.

"I don't understand any word you're saying to me." Lydia said in shock.

"It was terrible. My friends were calling her names like cute and pretty. I'm the pretty one in this family!" Alex frowned.

"Yes you are papito." Lydia cooed making Alex smirk. Olivia shook her head and laughed.

"I'm gonna be in your room alright?" Olivia said to Alex and he nodded before she left to go to his room. Olivia laid on the bed and sighed while looking up at the ceiling.

"Alrighty, so I got some chips, your favourite chocolates and some sodas." Alex placed the food on the bed. He looked at her and his smile flattened as he saw the state she was in.

"Hey are you okay? You look so sad." Alex went over and cupped Olivia's face in a joking way causing her to giggle and pushed his hand away.

"Yes I'm fine. Let's just watch the movie." Alex just shrugged and turned on the laptop as played a scary movie. Alex couldn't help but admire his best friend beside him.

"I know I look pretty but you don't have to stare at me the whole time." Olivia joked making him roll his eyes.

"It's true. You are pretty." Alex smiled.

"Are you being for real or just saying that as a joke?" Olivia chuckled, her eyes still attached to the computer screen. Alex then paused the movie making Olivia groaned and shot him a glare. He took her hands in his and stared into her chocolate brown eyes.

"I'm being for real Livi. You are really pretty. I heard you saying 'you wish you were pretty' or something this morning and you are pretty. You don't have to be so insecure alright? I know those girls in school says that your hair is really weird since it's the colour red but trust me, I love it. And honestly , I think they're just jealous of you." Alex smiled widely.

"You really think so?" She raised her brows. "I know so." Alex nodded as he smirked.

Olivia didn't know what to say but just stare at Alex in awe. She pulled him into a hug, smiling widely. "Thanks Alex. That meant a lot to me."

"You're welcome Livi. Now let's stop getting so emotional and continue this movie." Alex joked as she rolled her eyes jokingly and leaned her head against his shoulder.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───