[𝟐𝟎] 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

chapter 20 | movie night

"HELLO, MY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!" OLIVIA EXCLAIMED, entering the Alvarez apartment with a cup of coffee in her hands.

"Somebody is a happy girl today." Penelope smirked at the redhead. "Actually, I drank like 5 coffees this morning so that's why I'm like really hyped right now. I think I might be addicted to coffee now." She shrugged.

"Uh, uh, uh. I can't have you drinking this much coffee in the morning, your mother will kill you." Penelope said, taking the coffee away from the girl causing her to groan.

"I need money." Alex said blankly causing the redhead to snort. "Wow. Nice one dude."

"I know." He winked at her which made her roll her eyes at him, resting on the couch.

"And I need a Margarita but it's 7 in the morning." Penelope joked.

"And I need my coffee!" Olivia whined.

"Mom, please. I'm going to the movies." Alex pleaded making the older woman sigh, as she rumbled into her purse for some money. "Hey, is Livi going to the movies with you?" She asked.

"Yes-"

"No! I am not!"

"Oh come on Livi! You said you would go!" Alex argued and she scoffed.

"Yeah, there's no way in hell I'm going knowing that Finn is going to be there." She said, recalling the day when Alex, livi and his friends were hanging out and Finn was constantly following her and trying to flirt and talk to her.

"Here, ten dollars." Penelope said, handing Alex a ten-dollar note.

"Oh, maybe I wasn't clear. I'm actually going to a movie in this century. It's in colour and everything! A ticket costs $9.50."

"And I expect change." Penelope said causing the boy to groan.

"No, I feel your pain. I never had enough money to go to the movies with friends." Elena said.

"Or enough friends to go to the movies with friends." Alex smirked, proud of his comment and the redhead snorted once again. "Wow, Alex. You're so bad now." She said sarcastically and Alex looked at her with a glare.

"Okay, I know you drank coffee but you're acting as if you just drank vodka and now you're acting all drunk." Alex scoffed and she rolled her eyes, plopping back onto the couch.