[𝟗] 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐑

chapter 9 | the broken car

OLIVIA, ELENA, ALEX AND PENELOPE WERE IN THE CAR, MRS RESNICK, WHILE PENELOPE DROVE THE KIDS TO SCHOOL.

"Mom, I'm going to miss the first pitch. Go faster!" Alex complained.

"Alex, you know Mrs Resnick doesn't go faster. Unless we're going downhill , and then she might not stop." Penelope told.

Olivia sighed and plucked her earphones in. She knew she was going to be late but she didn't really mind since first period was maths and she never really liked it because of how boring it was.

Alex took out one of Olivia's earphones and pluck it in his ear causing her to glare at him.

"Seriously? You're listening to chase Atlantic again?!" Alex chuckled.

"Duh! Who doesn't? Their songs are the best." Olivia scoffed before snatching back the earphones from Alex's hand and putting it back on.

The car started to slow down. Olivia and Alex gave each other a confuse look.

"Who turned on the AC? You know Mrs Resnick can't handle that!" Penelope groaned.

"I'm sorry, but it's 90 degrees and you won't let us roll the windows down." Elena argued.

"Because they don't go back up. And it's only a crime to leave children in a hot car if it's parked. I looked it up!" Penelope said.

The car came to a stop causing everyone to groan.

"Great okay guys. You know the drill."

Alex, Elena and Olivia all hold hands while Penelope said something in Spanish as they did a prayer. The car started again and everyone cheered.

"Woo-Hoo! You see? Mrs resnick still got it." Penelope said confidently but right as she said that, the car stopped again.

"Well, it'll probably take 20 minutes for a tow truck to get here, so, what should we do to pass the time? Oh! I know." Penelope turned on the radio and 'in-break my heart' started playing.

The kids groaned as Penelope sang the lyrics to the song and danced but soon everyone started joining in.

Olivia didn't realise that her hand was still intertwined with Alex. She quickly pulled it away causing Alex to give her a sad look. She didn't know why she did that but she immediately regretted it.