Message in a Bottle

Annie's Karmic Death aside, welcome back! This is the first episode split into halves.
"Contestants! It's time to wake up!" Mono's voice blared through the megaphone just as the clock reached exactly 7:00 AM.

Asuka groaned as she rubbed her eyes, sitting up from her bed.

The nightmares of how Annie had died had kept her awake all night.

***
Challenge Time!
The contestants ate their breakfast in silence, up until the host entered the restaurant.

"Good morning, contestants!" Mono greeted with a grin. "Who's ready for another challenge?"

"We are!" shouted the contestants.

Mono got a treasure map.

"Today's challenge is to find a bottle in a cave! The bottle has a special message in it. However, it may not be the sort of message you are expecting. It may be a message that the bad people out of all fifteen of you should be heeding right now. It may be an invisible message; see if you're clever enough to find it!"

The contestants held the treasure map.

"Away we go!" said Asuka.

A Map and a Plan
The contestants stepped out of the hotel, and walked forward.

"We have to find the bottle." said Aria.

"Hopefully, the message is a wrench!" said Lady Avery.

"Whoever heard of a wrench in a bottle?" asked Kee.

"I love bottles!" Lady Avery told the robotic hopeless romantic.

"I have a plan," said Asuka.

Everyone gathered forward to hear the strategic travel agent's plan.

"There are 15 of us." she said.

"There's no doubt that this bottle will be hard to find. So let's spilt up! There are two paths that you can take through the cave we're about to enter. There's a short, easy path or a long, hard path. There's a third path, and that's a dangerous, medium path. 5 of us can take the medium path, another five can take the hard path and the last five can take the easy path!"

"Sounds like a plan!" said Taeko.

This "battle couple" had the best laid plans.

There was silence as half of the contestants considered the insanity of this plan.

"There's almost no way that this plan will go well." said Izuru. "We'll either die, get lost or end up in hospital."

Luckily for Izuru, even the best laid plans go awry!

A Crystal Cavern

The 15 contestants walked inside the cave.

It was beautiful.

Crystals of every color of the rainbow were decorated on the cave.

"That's beautiful!" said Ichika.