Chapter Seven

I decide to walk back, rather than teleport to my room. Mostly because I'm super low on energy. Any lower and I'll be on the brink of another medical emergency. Teleportation, while handy, is not very practical when trying to use your energy wisely.

I only make it to the courtyard before something weird happens. I scream because a freaking chipmunk ran up my leg and body to get on my shoulder. It's squeaking at me.

"What!" I look at it.

It screeches.

"Chippie?" I ask.

It squeaks in confirmation.

"What is it?" I ask.

It jumps off my shoulder and runs ahead of me.

"You want me to follow?" I ask.

It squeaks in confirmation.

Apparently, I am a Disney princess now and I talk to animals.

I quickly follow it as it runs ahead, my feet crunching the snow beneath me. I flinch when I hear screams of pain. Chippie runs faster. I run too. That's when I see a bunch of hooded figures attacking Wieland. Kicking him and hitting him.

"Stupid witch!" they shout at him.

"Hey!" I run over to help.

They all turn to me.

"Leave him alone!" I go to help him up.

He's crying, his glasses broken on the ground next to him. I help him sit up, his nose is bloody.

"You're a traitor!" one of them shouts at me.

I turn to face them as Chippie goes to Wieland and licks his face to comfort him.

"What is wrong with you!? He didn't do anything to anyone, leave him alone." I say in anger.

"Traitor!" someone punches me in the face.

"Ow!" I touch my lip to check to see if it's bleeding.

Soon two people grab me by my arms and hold me down.

"Stop!" I scream.

Another shakes a spray paint can before they spray my shirt with the words traitor and witch.

"Stop it!" I cry as tears fill my eyes.

I see Wieland stand up and cast a spell, soon woodland creatures come from out of nowhere. Like he rang the dinner bell. Raccoons, possums, rats, squirrels, and of course chipmunks all start attacking my attackers.

They scream and run away as the animals chase them growling and snarling.

The commotion caused other Casters to come help, soon those thugs in the hoodies were surrounded, by rabid looking animals and other Casters.

"You okay?" someone comes up to me and checks on me.

I sniffle and nod.

"You think it's funny to pick on Casters!?" Gunner runs up to them.

"Gunner don't!" Wieland calls.

But it's too late, he punches the person who punched me.

Soon lots of Casters join in to help him teach these guys a lesson. It looks like a war zone, outsiders versus Casters. I look down at my now paint-soaked shirt, the word witch dripping down into the word traitor, smearing together. It looks like someone stabbed me in the heart, feels like it too.

"You touch him again, I'll kill you!" Gunner beats that guy up.

"Gunner stop!" Wieland goes and pulls him off.