Chapter Forty Four

It was a long night. I helped them clean up the room and wash several loads of clothes to get the blood out. then we had to mop and wipe down the room to OCD levels of clean. Sanitized everything until I couldn't smell anything because all the chemicals burned out the hairs in my nose.

I didn't get to get back to my room until after two in the morning. Even then I still had to shower and change my own soiled clothes. I grab the journal which I ended up teleporting onto my bed. Thankfully, it didn't explode.

I think Dariyah would kill me if it did.

I set the book on my stack of books, it blends right in. Then I lay down and quickly fall asleep. In the morning I join everyone at breakfast, well everyone who isn't already gone for the holidays.

"You know she gave me the third degree again after you left," Dariyah says.

"Well, you did scare her," I say.

She huffs.

"When are you going to come get the book?" I ask.

"Shh!" she kicks me under the table as Vega walks over with our food.

I smile at her and when she's not looking I mouth ow to Dariyah and kick her back. She rolls her eyes.

Nerissa eyes us with a raised eyebrow.

Darko is just as confused as she is.

"I wish I could spend the day with you to make up for last night, but it's going to be another long day," Vega says to me as she opens my juice for me.

"It's okay. I'm pretty exhausted anyway. I'm probably just going to sleep all day." I shrug.

She pecks me on the cheek.

I smile.

"So what happened last night?" Nerissa asks.

"Don't ask," Dariyah and Vega say at once.

"That bad?" Darko asks.

I nod.

"Hey party people," Gunner joins the table.

"So what are you guys going to do today?" I ask everyone.

"Probably play some video games," Darko shrugs.

"Oh, I was planning on the same, want to hang out?" Gunner says.

"Sure," Darko smiles.

"I was just going to reorganize my room and go through my closet." Nerissa shrugs.

"I'll probably sleep," Dariyah says.

"You better be sleeping." Vega glares at her.

Dariyah rolls her eyes.

"Morning," Aster joins the table.

"Morning," we all chime.

"What about you, any plans for today?" I ask Aster.

"I have to get my books for classes and get settled into my new room still." She says.

"Fun," Vega says sarcastically.

"Tell me about it," Aster sighs.

"What are you doing?" Lysander walks over to us.

"Uh... eating?" Vega says to him.

"We don't have time for that! Come on!" he yanks her from her seat.

"Hey!" I complain.

"No time!"