Chapter Eight

When I finally got back to my room, I was exhausted. I just want to lay down and forget this horrible day ever happened. Vega is waiting for me in my room. I still need to find out how this girl keeps getting into my room with my key.

I suspect she has a copy of a key from when Dariyah used to stay in here.

She won't tell me her secrets though.

"I brought dinner to you, figured you'd want to stay in tonight." She says holding a bag of food.

"Thank you," I pout and walk over to her. "Right as usual." I peck her on the lips.

She smiles at me.

"How'd everything go?" she asks as I pull out my food.

"Please don't ask, I just... want a break from all that right now," I say.

"Okay, well lucky for you I'm the best girlfriend in the world. Ta-da." She pulls out some blue roses and hands them to me.

I grab them.

"Like? I thought it might make you feel better." She says.

"It's perfect," I smell them.

"And, I got you this!" she moves the blankets off my bed to reveal a small tv.

"Vega!"

"Relax, it was on sale, and I have money to blow. So I don't mind."

"Thank you," I pull her into my arms.

"Anytime," she smiles at me.

I kiss her then, a really long and hard type of kiss. She melts into me. When we pull apart we linger close to each other, our noses still touching.

Sometimes Vega gets these looks, like she's worried about something, or scared, or just thinking too deeply. It usually happens after we kiss. I've been trying to decipher what it means for weeks. It's a mystery to me. I don't want to say anything and make it awkward, but I can tell something is bothering her.

After the looks she always holds me a little bit closer, a little bit tighter.

"I really just need you right now, no one else. Just you, and me, in our own little bubble away from everything. Can you do that?" I ask.

"Yes, god yes. I really just need that too." She admits.

I kiss her again.

She pulls away slowly, softly.

"You need to eat," she whispers against my lips.

"I just want you," I pout.

"Food first, cuddles later. Plus, I have to set up your new tv."

"You spoil me," I smile.

"Yeah, I do." She giggles.

"Makes me feel bad for not spoiling you," I say.

"Your kisses are all the spoiling I need." She pecks me on the lips again.

I pull her closer and close the gap between us, kissing her passionately. Causing her breath to hitch in her throat. I love when I get that reaction out of her. I love the way her body feels against mine, I love how warm her skin is. I love the taste and feel of her lips. I love the smell of her skin. I love how soft and beautiful her hair is. I love her deep and mysterious blue eyes. I love her and with each passing day, it's starting to become clearer and clearer why.

I push her down on the bed, moving the tv box over. She wraps her arms around my neck and deepens the kiss. I slip my tongue into her mouth, a feeling that always causes a tickle to run down my spine. She breaks for air and I kiss her gorgeous neckline, all the way up to her ear.