Chapter Nine

For the first time in a long time, I technically can sleep in if I want to. I don't have any more morning classes until the new semester. I only have one test left to take. So, technically speaking I can stay cuddled up in bed with Vega as long as I want.

Sadly, I promised Asherah I'd meet her by eight in the morning. So I have to get up still. But I really don't want to. I'm all warm and comfortable, and still sleepy.

So one thing that Vega and I struggle with, which I actually think it's very cute, is who is the bigger spoon between us. She claims she's a big spoon person, but somehow every night she winds up cuddled up to me, her head resting on my chest, my arms around her.

I'm totally the big spoon, I don't care what she says.

"Vega," I whispered, petting her head, running my hand through her soft black velvet hair.

"Emm," she grumbles and snuggles even closer to me.

Another thing we struggle with, the girl hates getting up in the morning, though you would never know it by how she acts at breakfast. Personally, I find it super adorable to see her whiny face first thing in the morning. I'm not really a morning person either, but I can get up when I have to. Most of the time anyway.

"Vega."

"No!" she whines.

I giggle.

"I have to," I say softly.

"Don't leave," she pouts.

"I have to."

She whines.

"Think of it like this, after my test today, we can cuddle and sleep in all you want this break."

She cracks open one eye and glares at me, "Swear?" she asks.

"Promise."

She sighs and finally relents, sitting up with a grumpy look on her face.

I giggle and kiss her on the cheek.

She huffs and slides off the bed.

I stretch and fling the blankets off of me before getting up too.

She goes into the bathroom while I pull out a uniform to wear.

There is a knock on the door.

"It's me," Cyrene calls.

I drag myself to the door and let her in.

"I hate that you're a morning person," I complain.

"Early bird gets the worm." She pats my head.

"Is it a blazer day?" I hold up the black and purple blazer. "Or a sweater day?" I hold up the purple sweater.

"It's a, you better get dressed now or you will miss breakfast and be late, day." She says.

"No help, Vega!" I call.

"Blazer!" she calls from the bathroom.

Cyrene raises an eyebrow at me.

"Get your mind out of the gutter," I snap at her.

She smirks and says nothing.

"Where's your nightmare girlfriend?" I ask.

"She has a name, and if she were here, she'd bite your head off for saying that. But, she's not here, she's getting ready. She'll meet us there."

"Us?"

"I thought I should go, to keep the peace."

"Peace between Asherah and Lorelei?" I snort, "You wish."