Chapter Forty Five

"You're boring," Dariyah complains as she shoves more cheese crackers in her mouth.

"Don't eat them all, those are mine." I snag the box from her.

"Let's do something," she sits up.

We were on our third movie, well she is watching movies. I am reading and taking notes. Though Nerissa is annoying, sometimes, she does have a point. While I'm stuck here doing nothing, might as well read up.

"Like what?" I close my book, also bored.

"Let's make a spell together," she wiggles her eyebrows.

"I can't," I whack her with a pillow. "You dingus. I need to recharge. And so do you. Vega would kill us for sure. Besides what would a blood and light spell even do, or be called?"

"All the fun of finding out."

"No. I'm putting my foot down."

She rolls her eyes.

"We could go for a walk?" I offer.

"Fine," she gets up off the bed.

I put on my shoes and grab my coat. Dariyah slaps a beanie on my head. I glare at her, but she smiles at me, and then there is another awkward moment that passes between us. I feel my cheeks heat up and I avert my gaze.

We walk out of my room to Joni asleep on the couch. Dariyah smirks and goes back into my room and comes back out with a marker, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I giggle and nod. We tiptoe over to Joni and Dariyah draws a mustache on her. I give her a unibrow. Then to top of the look, Dariyah gives her a big fat mole on her cheek.

We hold in our laughter until we are out of the room. But we die in the hallway. People walking by eye us.

"Not bad," Dariyah high fives me.

"I don't know why Vega thought this would be a good idea, you're a bad influence."

"I know," she beams in pride.

I laugh and playfully punch her in the stomach before we walk downstairs.

"Where are you guys going? I was just coming to check on you." Nerissa walks over to us.

It doesn't go unnoticed to me that both Dariyah and I sigh in relief at her appearance. People say three is a crowd, but I couldn't be happier to see her. Hopefully, no more awkward moments will pass between Dariyah and me anymore.

"Just going for a walk, want to tag along?" I ask.

"Sure," she shrugs.

"Let's go find out more about this two caster spell stuff," Dariyah says.

"Only Lorelei would know, and I don't want to bother her if I don't have to. The girl is like a rabid dog." I shudder.

"We can sneak into her office again."

"Wait, again. You're being bad without me? Tell me everything." Dariyah says.

"It was for research," I roll my eyes.

"Let's just go, I kind of want to do some digging myself. And now that she's distracted, we know we can go without the risk of being caught." Nerissa says.

"Fine, but for the record. If we get caught I'm teleporting the heck out of there and you can take the fall alone." I say.

"Come on you big baby." Dariyah grabs my hand.

I quickly snag it away and another awkward moment passes between us. Curse Joni for putting the idea in my head. Nerissa eyes us and smirks but says nothing, what was that look!?