Chapter I

It's another warm day and you wake up to the sunlight burning your face through a slip in your silk curtains.
"Ow, what on earth?" You hiss.
You raise your arms in a stretch before pulling your phone out from underneath your pillow.
"12:31pm?! Oh no!!!" You whisper-shout.
You sit up in a fast motion, opening your phone to 3 missed calls from Sarah, 11 missed calls from Kie and a ton of spam messages from Jj. You had all planned a beach day today knowing just how hot it was going to be and you were running late by over half an hour.

You jump up and out of bed, grabbing yesterday's skirt off the floor in a rush and beginning to slip it on.
"Ew yuck, what am I thinking? Y/N, wake up already!" You shout to yourself as you bring your palm to your head.
You throw the skirt to the side and pull out a pair of black denim shorts that were ripped at the ends of the legs and hopping to the side just trying to pull them up. You reach into your messy drawer and pull out a black triangle shaped bikini top at random.
"Perfect."

"Goodmorning sweetie. You're up late." Your father says as you run down the stairs.
"Morning dad, you have breakfast already?"
"It's past lunch time, what do you think?" He says as he cocks an eyebrow up over his newspaper.
"Right. Where's mum?"
"Getting ready for our date. We're going out tonight so you'll have to cook yourself some dinner. There's lasagna in the fridge, soup in the cupboard, just don't burn the house down." He says, resuming his newspaper.
"I'll probably just get take out with the boys, dad."
He lowers his paper down into his lap and gives you a disapproving look.
You freeze before adding "and Sarah and Kie of course.." you laugh nervously.

You lean against the front door with one hand while your other slips on a pair of white converses.
"I'm going to the beach now, enjoy your date!"
"Call me if you need anything!" Your father replies.

It's a long walk from your front door to the end of your garden as gardening has become your mums favourite thing since her therapist has told her to find a distraction from the alcohol. Your parents may be kooks but they are certainly far from perfect.
Your mum is a recovering alcoholic. She still drinks from time to time and that's why we always hold the kook events at our house. Any excuse to have a bottle of vodka or two.
And your father, anger issues. Although he loves you dearly, he's often such an asshole and you've grown used to his mentality. Always blaming you for everything and telling you that your hardest will never be enough. But if family therapy ever did a single thing to help you than just being a massive rip off is, don't take it personally. You know deep down your parents are just big kids inside that hard shell, reacting with their emotions. So you learnt to ignore it.