Chapter LXXX

Kie sits on a bean bag in front of the couch that Sarah and John B lay together on while Pope sits on the floor beside her; all of whom seem to be goofing around with each other and sharing a laugh except for Jj who was complacently sitting in a single seated armchair across the room with a chilled bottle of beer in his lap. The others assumed he still wasn't up to par from earlier in the day, so they let him get involved at his own pace.

You take Rafes hand in yours, guiding him limply towards a spot on the couch before he settles on the far end of it as you lay against him and besides Sarah while she lays against John B on the opposite end.
"Popcorn?" She offers to you as you pull a quilted blanket up to your chin.
"Sarah, we haven't even chosen a movie yet and you're arm deep in the snacks." John B says.
"Well I'm not stopping anytime soon so you might wanna be quick and choose something already."
"How do you guys feel about a scary movie?"
"Is it really gonna be scary or is it gonna be one of those low budget ones you always choose?" Jj's asks.
"Zombeavers was not 'low budget'. It was a good movie." John B replies with a defensive shrug.
"You've gotta be kidding me." Jj laughs hysterically.
"Alright." You start out of your silence, ending the boys bickering, "What about something from the Ed and Lorraine series?"
"Fine by me." Sarah adds as she glances at John B who nods in unison with everybody else.
"Easy peasy then."

Quarter of a way through the movie, Sarah and
John B had fallen asleep; but who could blame them? The room was a cozy level of dark, the only light being that of the TV and everybody who was fortunate enough to have a seat on a couch, were melting in duck feather filled blankets.
The best kind.
In fact, Rafe would have fallen asleep by now as well if it wasn't for Jj's occasional glances at you keeping him on his guard.

Your light shifting against his body filled him with so much comfort that he found himself fighting the urge to succumb to sleep. That was, until he felt your hand slide up and underneath his shirt, tickling his abdomen so gently up the length of his stomach that his heart began to feel like a swarm of butterflies fluttering inside his chest. His breath hitches at your touch as it teases him underneath the blanket.
Your heart begins to race as well when his hot breath falters so closely behind your ear, causing your hand to stop.
Shortly after noticing, he slides his hand underneath the blanket to meet yours, resting it on top before beginning to move your hand again. You let him take control of you as he pushes your hand down, your fingers drifting delicately against the smoothness of his skin before feeling the waist band of his shorts, making you flinch.
"Relax," he whispers, "it just feels nice."
He pulls your hand up again, softly rubbing his abdomen up and down like you were before.
"I can keep going if you want." You whisper back, nuzzling your face into his chest.
"Only if you want to." He says, pulling you in and further against him.

A little past half way through the movie and Kie was now asleep with Pope who managed to squeeze himself onto her beanbag when she wasn't paying attention.
With all honestly, you wished that they hadn't dozed off because now it was just you, Rafe and Jj alone and although the movie was still playing, the atmosphere felt awkward. As if there was some unspoken tension between the two boys.
"Hey." You nudge Rafe.
"Hm? Is something wrong?" Rafe asks, earning a curious side eye glance from Jj.
"I'm gonna go get some air."
Rafe doesn't want you to leave his side but he lets you slip your way out of his grasp anyways.
"Just- don't wonder too far, alright? It's getting dark."
"You're the boss." You giggle and out the back door you disappear, letting a cold evening gust of wind rush inside.

Finding it difficult to focus on anything other than Jj who was now the only awake person in the room besides himself, Rafe diverts his attention to his sister Sarah who had fallen asleep on the same couch as he was seated on. He smiles when he sees how John B holds her as if she was something that was hard to come by, like a shooting star or a chest of gold and he wonders how he could have ever disapproved of John B in the first place.
"She's not a child, you know."
Rafe turns his head towards Jj who was looking at him from his dark corner of the room, the light emitting off the tv screen lights up his features every once in a while.
"I know." Rafe sighs, "I'm just happy to see her with somebody like John B-"
"I meant Y/N."
Rafe whips his head towards Jj again but this time with a mischievous smirk, finding his persistence both entertaining and annoying. "You just can't do it, can you?"
Jj says nothing.
"Why can't you just accept the fact that she's not into you? She's rejected you already so just move on. Frankly, I like John B and I respect his home so I'm not gonna argue with you right now and I suggest you stop being a drama queen." Rafe says with little to no enthusiasm as he stands up, careful not to wake the others.
"You're off the hook while Kelce is still out for her but once he's locked up, I won't hold back." Jj says with a swig of his beer, "-and I won't complain if it ends up being you behind bars either."
Rafe pauses in his tracks with his hand on the back doors handle. He turns his head slightly to look over his shoulder at Jj who was still fixated on the movie.
"Pshh." Rafe spits before pulling the door open.

He looks around the back yard to see an empty hot tub that was decorated with hanging fairy lights and a sunset starting to come into view over the horizon as the music from earlier was still playing but very softly. His eyes follow the setting suns reflection on the water, the blinding sparkles on the ripples lead to the grass and ends at you as you sit on the grassy paddock, picking at the small weeds.
Though the plants in your hand were considered a pest to gardens, you considered them more as flowers as they bloom every few seasons with small, white, star like petals.

Rafe sits by your side, joining you in watching the sunset and taking notice of the small white flowers the wind had picked up and placed in your hair as you adore the ones in your hands and he smiles.