Chapter LXXIV

Kie and Sarah are left speechless as their eyes stare at you unknowingly while you stare at Kelce's back, waiting for him to turn around for a final glance but he does not.

Your confused eyes stay analysing the boy before a slam of a tray can be heard against the table top in front of you, breaking you out of your distracted daze.
"Two cheese burgers for the boys, two chicken burgers for the girls and one plant based for Kie." John B says as he hands out messily wrapped burgers. His movements become delayed when he notices the expression on both Sarah and Kies faces.
"Did we miss something?" He asks.
"I'm wondering the same thing..." Sarah says as she flashes you a questioning gaze with crossed arms.
"Why don't we ask Y/N?" Kie adds.
"...What's going on?..." Pope asks timidly.
You sigh before sliding your burger closer towards yourself, unwrapping it with not a single care in the world for the many eyes staring at you patiently as they wait for an answer.
"Okay...so maybe something happened last night between Rafe and Kelce but I don't know why you're assuming I had anything to do with it." You finally state before taking a bite out of your burger.
The others only stare at you unimpressed, knowing damn well that if Rafe was involved, then you surely were too. "...okay fine, me and Topper as well."
"Topper?" Sarah asks ambiguously under her breath.
"Kelce was just here?" John B asks as he frantically looks around the parlour.
"Relax, tough guy. He just left." Kie huffs.
"Why the hell is he getting burgers for breakfast?"
"Are you kidding me? Have you seen how greasy his forehead is?" Pope snickers as he shares a laugh with John B.
"Oh quit it, we're not any better." Sarah says with a smile as she playfully tosses a napkin at the two boys.
"Anyways." Kie begins, "Is he gonna press charges?"

You were taken aback by Kies sudden question.
You didn't really think about it but Kelce was eligible to press charges against Rafe if he wanted to;
but would he?
Kelce did start it to begin with, Rafe was only doing his part in finishing it.

A few moments pass and Kie was still left with no answer, she begins to wonder the severity of the situation as she searches your absent face for any sign of emotion but your deep train of thought makes it hard for her as you disassociate on the spot.
"Y/N?..." She asks lowly as she places a hand on your shoulder.
"Uhhh...sorry. I'll be back." You murmur as you slide out from the booths chair and head towards the parlour exit where you were sure to check for any sign of Kelce beforehand. Neither he or any of his new groupies were anywhere to be seen so you slouch against the brick wall, pulling your phone out and keen to dial a certain boys number.
One, for comfort but two, for answers.

Rafe, who's voice you missed greatly, was at the very top of your contacts, favourited by himself before you even had the chance to. Just seeing his name made you feel warm inside so you click it eagerly and you wait through the several rings. Anticipation builds up in your throat as the phone is left ringing one too many times until finally, the call drops.

"We are sorry but the person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time."

"What the hell?" You mutter to yourself.
"Is everything okay?" You hear Kies soft voice ask from behind, seeing in your posture and tone of voice that something was clearly troubling you.
You turn around to meet her eyes as her bright brown ones stare sympathetically into yours until yours stray to behind her to see the rest of the group in follow.
"Hey, guys. I'm alright, truly, I was just gonna make a phone call."
"We know, we just don't wanna make you eat somewhere that Kelce knows you're at." John B says with a reassuring smile, "so we're gonna take it home."
"Take it home?"
"To the chateau, of course." Sarah says as she passes by.
"What's mine is ours." John B adds with an even brighter smile.