18.

Y/N

I was out to dinner with Dani just releasing some steam before my sisters sixteenth birthday party tomorrow night because I was stressed and pissed. I wasn't even stressed about planning for it because I enjoyed that part a lot. I was stressed and hurt because Laila didn't deserve to be flaked on and I can tell she wasn't okay about what happened but she had to be okay because they wasn't going to be there and be able to fulfill their role at the party.

"What's going on what you thinking about?" Dani asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. "You sitting here looking like a bad bitch but look like something's wrong besides I know my best friend" she said making me faintly smiled. "Im stressed out and I'm over people and their bullshit" I honestly said.
"This is about Micheal?" She asked as I nodded "and my bum ass father" I said placing my menu down shaking my leg some.

"What happened?!" Dani asked. "Yesterday night Laila came downstairs and asked if I could walk her out for her party" I started off. "Wait wasn't that your dads job?" She questioned. "Yeah and Micheal told Laila that if her dad flaked on her he would be there to walk her out since Rashawn wouldn't make it and Will is out of town for his aunts funeral and won't be able to walk her out" I explained as Dani's mouth dropped some. "So Laila said her father isn't coming and Micheal texted Laila saying he wouldn't be able to walk her out" I explained.

"Is she okay?!" Dani asked concerned "she says she's okay but I can tell she isn't" I admitted. "And it makes me hurt and angry because both them niggas make me feel that way and I don't want her to feel that pain" I expressed feeling a tear fall from my eyes. "Not here" Dani said handing me a napkin.
"You want to go and step to the bathroom real fast?" Dani asked as I shook my head then felt another tear come out.

Dani immediately got our waiter "excuse me" she started off as she gained his attention. "We're going to step away to the bathroom quickly, we're still looking for what we want to eat" she explained as he understood. Dani grabbed my hand as I wiped my tears as we walked back to the women's restroom.
Dani closed the door as it was just us and I started to bawl.

I heard her walk off then come back and wrap her arms around me. "Stop crying" she said soothingly while rubbing my back. "Imma be real with you boo, and you know I am because you my sis first and foremost" Dani started off pulling away to look at me. "You got to realize sometimes no matter what role you are in, in someone's life means they are always going to be there" she said as I nodded.

"You are a strong girl, you've been one since day one" she said with a faint smile. "You dealt with being alone in Atlanta, dealt with mistakes, finished school and now obtain a degree, making sure everyone had without thinking twice about yourself and you can handle this shit right here" she assured as I nodded and she dabbed under my eyes with a tissue.

"You can handle it because I watched you handle shit all your life and not fold-" she started off as we heard the door open. We looked to the side seeing Lori. Lori just walked in going straight to one of the stalls. Dani and I then looked at each other.

"Like I said I've never seen you fold before so don't do it now. You're a bad ass woman and I need you to act accordingly don't let shit like this phase you because these are games for kids. You do what you do for your sister, for your family, who is there for you and keep it pushing" she expressed. "There's some truth to "when you come up, you can't take everyone with you" you gotta love ''em from a distance to work on yourself" she explained as I nodded.

"So fix yourself and let's do this" she said as I nodded. She dabbed under my eyes touching up my makeup some as Lori came out the stall and Dani looked at her before looking at me and placing lip gloss on my lips as I was about to place my head down but Dani gave me a look. "Put your head up" she said lowly between her teeth as I immediately smiled at her making her smile.