Continued 20

authors notes: okay this is it! All done! I can't believe it,  but Im excited to finally have a completed story. Im going to post it in pieces tonight tomorrow and Monday and then I'll add my sappy bittersweet nonsense at the end 😉

*

You don't leave the house. You hardly leave the room. You see no one but them, sharing days and nights that blend seamlessly together— a much longed for and well deserved lost weekend.

The few times you do untangle for something other than the bathroom or water and the occasional assortment of alcohol and sexual accessories, you emerge from the bedroom, wandering down into the kitchen for food.

Of course Bucky is introduced to the dogs, or "the babies," as they've been dubbed, which irritates Zemo to no end.

Lou and Ada are instantly fascinated by this new source of attention in the house and follow Bucky around, constantly showering him with slobbering affection. Heaven forbid the man should actually sit down on anything —a chair, a couch, especially the floor— and there they go, one of them inevitably trying to fit all four legs and the massive body those legs support onto his lap.

What is it about the biggest dogs having no idea they aren't made to curl up on top of us...

You scrunch your nose, amused as you watch Lou attempt to desperately paw his way onto Bucky who is sitting on the floor of the bedroom just across from you. He's made it his mission to sleep on Bucky at least once.

"Lou! Off!" Zemo scolds, leaning back on the Moroccan ottoman with disgust, making it funnier.

"It's okay. Really." Bucky tries to assure him, chomping on a bite of cheese "He just thinks I'm a pillow."They both seem happy with the dog's big head finally resting on Bucky's bare thighs.

Zemo rolls his eyes. "Not with those abs," He mumbles under his breath and you almost choke on your brie as you laugh.

Bucky holds his proud nose high, while making Lou's ears flop, but you see the way he peeks over at Zemo; all secretly flattered and showing off for him in nothing but the tight black underwear that hugs him just right.

You want to tease them for being so annoyingly cute, but then you remember no less than five minutes ago when Zemo called you out for your own antics as Bucky fed you.  "She eats this all the time, don't let her fool you."  He'd said.  "Sure. But not like this."  You'd shot back leaning across the charcuterie board to gently pluck the thinly sliced apple from Bucky's fingers with your teeth, his kiss following close behind.  "Good call on the snacks"  Bucky'd said with a crooked smile and the taste of green apple on his lips which he'd licked slowly. Zemo just raised his drink in agreement.

The three of you had started the evening with every intention of enjoying a real meal tonight, but right before getting out of bed, Helmut sank his teeth into the back of Bucky's thigh where it's soft, just before the curve of his ass and decided sitting down at the table was too formal. He wanted you both here, with as few clothes between you and him as possible, so you'd all ended up in the kitchen grabbing an assortment of snacks instead.

Olives, sliced bruschetta, all sorts of cheese and apricots, some grapes and apples... a bag of chips, and a candy bar? "I brought some stuff from my bag too." Bucky'd whispered to you on the way back upstairs making you snicker.

Now it's pillows and poofs on the floor in your underwear and pajamas as you share the tasty spread in the bedroom. The balcony doors are open to let in the ocean breeze and music is playing low, just under your light conversation while the sun sets, reminding you very much of the yacht. It is the perfect evening.