Continued 26

chapter warnings: m/f/m double penetration, gagged, use of safe song

Epilogue 1 year later

Manhattan, New York City New York

one Art Deco Inspired Penthouse

(also it's your birthday!)

"Oh god, is it bad? It's bad isn't it." You peek through your fingers, sink down in your chair on the balcony, the distorted image of Bucky leaning over Zemo across the table from you with his arms wrapped around the Baron's shoulders as they both look at his phone killing you slowly. They've been reading the article for what feels like hours "Shit, wait, no. Don't tell me." They clearly aren't planning to and haven't actually said anything in at least five agonizing minutes. "Oh my god fine! Will one of you say something!" You shout, looking up towards the clear blue sky, only mildly obstructed by the buildings.

"Shhhh!" They hush you together.

You huff loudly and sit up, grabbing your Bellini off the slotted cedar tabletop and down the last of it. They're doing it on purpose, you swear. You'd be mad if you weren't so jittery and if they didn't look so proud.

Honestly you still can't believe it's come to this. Interviewed by one of New York's most terrifying, but widely respected journalists. You shiver thinking back to her sitting where Helmut is now. Jane Eastman has been known to obliterate even the most seasoned socialite. Who are you? One of the few who climbed out of Madripoor alive? Oh well. If this is what it takes to quiet the speculation and rumors and obsession...

Bucky leans away and rubs Helmut's bare cheek with his knuckles "Did you already shave?" He asks, distracted from the article.

"I was up early to shower and make sure there were no... negative trending topics with our girl's name in them." He eyes you "If you're going to persuade someone to alter a story, it should be done before the rest of the world wakes up," He says with a particularly sinister smile. You give his threats a dismissive laugh and Bucky hangs his head wide eyed for a moment as if he's appalled, but raises it just enough to look at Zemo and smiles instead of scolding him,

"Because what wouldn't we do for her." He says and they both look over at you like a couple of dangerous yet, pardoned criminals...

"You're terrible, both of you. I want a divorce." You joke, assuming they are too.

"Another?" Petra asks as she comes out. "Grandfather made a full batch." She says with a wink knowing how much you love Oeznik's Bellini mix.

Bucky and Helmut are still just looking at you and the image of Jane tied up in her apartment pops into your head and not in the sexy sort of way. "Yes please!"

You plop back and watch as the angel that is Petra makes you another drink. She glances over at them, their eyes back on Zemo's phone and you can feel her looking down on you again, not judging, Petra is never one to judge. She is always understanding to a fault, and her smile, as comforting as a homemade meal widens as she sets the bottle of champagne back into the bucket.

"They are only being silly." She smiles.

"I know."

"Have you read it?" She asks quietly.

"I'm too scared." You whisper.

"Oh you shouldn't be!" She scolds kindly as if the very idea of your worry is unnecessary.

"Wait; have you?" You sit up with a start. The dogs sleeping at your feet both raise their heads.

"Of course! Don't you know?" She stands back, hands on her hips.