The Madrigals and the L/ns

(Bold is when the y/n is giving info to the reader.)

We were heading over to the Madrigals to help set up for Antonio's Gifting ceremony. My family was helping with fireworks and decorations. We were bringing Aborrajado's and  Arepa de Huevo. You see, the only reason we were invited is because my Abuela was great friends with Señora Alma, Antonio's Abuela. She was here when the Madrigals casita was magically built. They were best friends. They still are. My Abuela comforted Señora Alma when her husband died and helped take care of her children.

     I'm also bestfriends with two of her grandchildren. Camilo and Mirabel. I've been friends with Camilo since diapers. We got into all sorts of trouble! One time when we were like 6 the year after he got his abilities, we wanted to play a trick on his papa. So we decided to make a plan for Camilo to shape shift into me. Camilo would be wondering around the Casita and look like he was looking for something. We had to plan it perfectly for our little 6 year old minds. When his papa would find him, he would shape shift back into himself I would come out and jump on his papa, and Camilo too and we would ride on his back like a pony!

      His papa fell to the ground though. The plan kinda backfired on us because his papa started chasing us and eventually when he caught us he started tickling us. I almost peed my pants! Anywho, when we arrived at the Casita, Camilo caught a slight glimpse of us. He greeted my familia first then he ran to me and hugged me tightly, lifting me off the ground. I got slight butterflies from that.

   "Ayyy! Y/n! You made it! Glad to see my beautiful best friend back at my place!" He said with a smug smirk on his face. I slightly blushed at his compliment. "It's nice seeing my handsome best friend for the third time today." I said back. If I'm gonna be real honest with ya he was really handsome. I mean his curly hair was just mwah. Chefs kiss. He came a little closer to me and whispered in my ear "Are you playing at my strings Y/n?~" DAMN THAT WAS ATTRACTIVE.

    "Maybe. Maybe not. It just depends on how you perceive it," I said back to him. "You should get back to greeting the helpers. See you inside, guapo." I said in a joking flirtatious way. He slightly blushed, hugged me, and went back to greeting guests. I went inside the casita and ran towards Mirabel.

  "MIRABELL!!" I yelled as I ran towards her. She jumped up looked back at me with horror as I grabbed and hugged her tightly. "Y-y/n. Too tight." She squeaked out trying to breath oxygen so that way she wouldn't see the light. I finally let her go as she almost fell and gasped for air. "Finally! Oxygen! Jesus Christ you hug tighter than Louisa!" She said, brushing the imaginary dust off her clothes. "Well I have been working out." I said jokingly showing off my imaginary muscles.

Mirabel looked me dead in eye, and started giggling. I giggled because she was giggling. Then we both started laughing like crazy. I fell to the ground wheezing. "Y/N! Get off of the floor now! You are gonna spoil your dress!" My mama said. "Sorry, mama. Is Alex here?" I asked. Alex was my brother. He worked as a builder, always away building things for other cities. He was away and said he would be back today. "No, mi amor. He's still away at his job. You know how his job is." My mama said.

   "Oh.. yeah in know how is job is. It was a stupid question for asking." I said slightly disappointed. "I'm sorry mija. Maybe he'll be here next week. Okay? Just hang out with Mirabel and Camilo before the ceremony okay?" She said. "Okay mama.." I said. "Let's go." Mirabel said with a bit of sympathy.