Why here?

As we sat down I caught a glimpse of Bruno's face. He looked anxious and some what scared. I looked down at my shoes and fiddled with my hands. I heard a wall clock ticking and the fire in the fireplace crackling.

"So... Tío Bruno, why have you been here all this time?" Mirabel asked. I looked up at Bruno and he gulped. He sighed and closed his eyes before explaining.

"Heh, well the mountains of the Encanto are so high and hard to climb so I thought oh you know why not just stay here?" He said and chuckled awkwardly. Mirabel and I glanced at each other.

If I was gonna be honest, I felt bad for Bruno. I got up and tried to fix my pants/skirt/shorts/dress (honestly whatever the fuck you want to wear I don't give a crap. Unless you're naked. That's weird to me.) and that's when I saw a "table" near a wall. Out of curiosity I got up and went to check it out. I looked at the wall and noticed a small crack in it.

I peeked through it and saw the dinner table. Then I looked at the table.. what I saw made me want to cry. It was a hand made painting of Bruno's plate painted on the table. There was a crack on the table so it made it seem like it was broken. I looked back at Bruno and saw him standing as well as Mirabel.

"I love my family.. even though they may not like or live me I love them.." he said looking down and rubbing his neck. I felt so bad for this man. I looked at Mirabel and she looked like she felt the same.

"Tío Bruno, can I hug you?" Mirabel asked him. She looked up at Bruno awaiting a response from the mysterious rat man. "Uh.. sure?" He said unsure.

She walked over to him and hugged him. They hugged for a little bit, and she let go. "I am so very sorry that this happened to you." She said.

"It's fine kid, it's not your fault they hate me." He said and sat back down on his chair. "Anyway, about why you two followed me in here.." he said getting one of his rats.

"Well, you probably heard uhhh.. I went up to your cave, sorry about that, and found green shards of this thing with Y/n, Camilo, and I infront of the casita. And the casita was crumbling." Mirabel said. (Idk if this was in the other chapter or not. Sorry!)

Bruno just sighed and rubbed his head. He took a deep breathe in and let it out. "I had that vision a couple of months before your ceremony. Your Abuela was worried about the candle and wanted me to see if anything bad would happen. When I did, it showed the vision you saw.. I told her everything would be fine." He said.

My eyes widened at this. "Now, it looks bad but, I did this for both me, you, Camilo, and your friend. I never told her because I'm Bruno, the bringer of bad, killer of the goldfish." He said with a chuckle. I let out a breathy chuckle too.

But then I was confused. Why was he worried about us? Me specifically. I'm not even apart of this damn family why would he be worried about me? Did.. did I do something that would be the cause to the casita breaking? Was I a help to the casita breaking? Questions roamed around my mind.

"So I understand the reason why you did it for yourself, but why us? Did we all do something to the casita?" I finally asked him straightening my back.

"Well.. thats thing. Im not quite sure. I wish I could've seen more to answer this question." He said. "Well.. it's best you guys go. Good luck kids." He said and led us out the door. I felt the door slam behind us.

I looked and Mirabel and saw her mumbling something. Her eyes widened and she bust through the door. It opened with a loud bang. "MIRABEL WHAT THE ACTUAL FU-" "SO SEE MORE! SEE ANOTHER VISION!" She yelled as she stepped back inside.

Bruno, out of pure shock and fear fell out of his chair and yelled as he hit the floor. "Mirabel, what the fuck at least knock, gosh." I said and went to help Bruno off the floor. I reached a hand at him and he grabbed it. He muttered a quiet thank you and brushed the dust of his Ruana. "Listen, kid. I don't do visions anymore. Plus I can't do it even if I wanted to. You wrecked my vision cave!" He said.

"You can use my room." Said a small voice out of the blue making us all jump. We all looked to se where it came from and saw Antonio leaning on the door frame with all his animal buddies. He got a rat out of his pocket and held it in his hand.

"The rats told me everything," he said bopping the nose of the rat "Don't eat those." He said sternly. I looked to see a Jaguar trying to eat Bruno's rats. I giggled and followed them to Antonio's room.

Ayy!! New chapter! Anywho next chapter will be posted sooner or later! I listened to Hamilton songs and Mad Tsai whilst making this. I do that for all my chapters tbh.

Drink water, eat water, get some rest, go outside, and stay safe! Bye bye my lovelies!

                                                -Nico xoxo