Fallen life

"Look out!" Señor Felix yelled, tackling Antonio out of the way. I looked around moving and saw Mirabel running towards the candle. Isabela, Camilo and I ran after her. Isabela started swinging on her vines and Camilo shifted into the fastest runner in town. The floor tiles started moving making it harder for me to run but I pushed through it.

   The candle flickered rapidly and I saw the lights illuminating from the doors stop. Suddenly Isabelas vines were gone and Camilo shifted back into his regular self. "Woah!" He said as he fell. He sent to make sure Isabela was okay and got up. I payed no more attention to them and climbed up the parts of the casita that were still there.

  Mirabel was struggling to get the candle, almost falling a couple of times. "Get out you guys! The casitas about to break!" Señora Julieta shouted form outside the casita. I kept climbing almost making it to where Mirabel was but, the casita rumbled some more causing for the part I had my hands on to break. I yelped as I fell down, but something caught me.

  It was Camilo. (Duh who the hell else would it be? Jesus Christ this is so cringey I deeply apologize.)
He breathed heavily and looked me in my eyes. What the fuck were we doing? This damn place is about to crash on us. We gotta get out of this joint. Just as if my mind was read, the casitas tiles started moving again bringing us outside. Isabela, Camilo and I looked back to see where Mirabel was and she was still struggling to get the candle.

   "Mirabel get down! It's too dangerous!" I yelled at her. She ignored me like she ignored her mother and finally she got it. Just then, the casita broke. She fell on the floor but landed on some random soft padding that casita placed there, then a bunch of furniture started to shield Mirabel from the parts of the house from falling in her head.

   The family's and I backed up a bit from the house. When the destruction was done I was the first to run inside. I desperately ran to find Mirabel and saw her emerging from the broken furniture. I ran and hugged her tightly. "Thank goodness you're okay! Don't pull that shit again." I said. I let go of her and Señora Julieta told me to go and that she would take care of her.

   I walked around to see if everyone was okay. I saw Señora Alma in shock sitting on the ground. I looked to see if Antonio was alright and saw him with both his siblings. Dolores had tears in her eyes but was.. smiling?

   I went up to her and pulled her aside. "Hey? Are you okay, Dolores?" I asked rubbing her shoulders. She nodded her head and smiled. "I know it may seem cruel of me but, I'm so happy that the casita broke. I know everyone else lost their powers but.. it's just so quiet. I- I love it." She said with tears rolling down her cheeks. I gently smiled and pulled her into a hug. Poor girl. Always hearing everything from the age of 5 up until right now.

  "You go help your family and enjoy this time okay?" I said to her holding both her hands. She nodded and went off. That's when I realized something.. Bruno lived in the walls? The he escape did he die? The fuck happened to him? My thoughts were quickly interrupted by yelling.

   "Mirabel! Mirabel! She's gone!" Señora Julieta yelled. The family ran towards the noise like a herd of sheep in panic. We all went out and looked around. That's when I spotted it. A teal colored string hanging on a branch. I ran towards the direction. I guess I wasn't the only one who saw it as I heard somebody not so far behind me.

Sorry for the short chapter! As my wonderful girlfriend said I was sick because of the second dose of covid and I've been kinda busy with school and family shit. As y'all may know my dad got sorta violent with my mom when he find out we were in San Fran and now we got a restraining order on him. Ayy so anyway see y'all!

  Eat food, drink water, get some rest, go outside, and stay safe for me lovelies!

       -Nico xoxo