TWENTY-SEVEN| Best date ever

(For best effect, listen to the song on repeat. And preferably with headphones.)

)

"...So we're going to a hospital. I'm telling you, throwing up blood isn't normal."

I like her. I like her. I like her. I like her.

"I'm taking her on a date." I sit up.

That's a great idea.

"What? Were you not listening this whole damn time?"

A fancy restaurant? No that's not really her thing.

"Alessio!" Callan yells, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" My head whips to his direction as we sit in my living room.

He shakes his head in disbelief as he glares at me. "Seriously? I'm talking about your health right now? Can you focus?"

I put my elbows on my knees, shaking my head. "No. No, I can't focus. This is more important. You fuckin' focus."

He sighs, dragging his hand down his face. "Go ahead. Who do you want to take out on a date?" He puts his hand underneath his chin, watching me with an unamused look.

I give him a look that says are-you-stupid.

Who does he think I'm gonna take out on a date?

"Oh my god, finally! You got some sense knocked into you." An excited smile forms on his face. "So what are your ideas?"

I run my hand through my hair, begging my brain to come up with a genius idea. "I don't know. Maybe a nice restaurant. A movie, maybe. I don't fucking know what people do on dates."

"A nice restaurant?" His tone carries his disappointment. "I mean I know you've never been on a date before but, this is bad. This is really bad."

"Well tell me what to do, asshole. I mean, I don't even know if she'll agree. Maybe she'll say no and then things will just get awkward. Maybe I shouldn't do this at all. Yeah, fucking forget about it." I blabber on.

Oh god. I'm becoming just like her. What the fuck?

"Yeah no. I'm not letting you pussy out. Just take her to do something she likes. I have the perfect idea but I want you to realize it, so I'm not gonna tell you."

Seriously? This guys supposed to be my best friend by the way.

I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't fuckin' kn-

Wait a minute.

A picnic. Yes, a picnic date.

I shoot up from my seat. "A picnic date. That's what you were thinking of right?"

I mean it's perfect. She loves things like this. Hopefully a squirrel or two will run past us and that will be the cherry on top.

Suddenly a pillow is thrown at me, I duck just in time to miss it. "You're seriously a dumbass." Callan exclaims.