FORTY-EIGHT| Bad and worse

Please vote, it really helps my story<333

"Wait a second out here." I tell her before heading inside the florist shop.

I pick out a few lilac flowers, giving them to the woman behind the table. She looks at me knowingly then says, "White and lavender wrapping?"

I nod, pulling my wallet out. "She's really pretty," The woman looks over my shoulder. I look back watching Isabella crouched down in her blue floral dresses, talking to a squirrel that stands a couple metres away from her.

"Yeah," A smile forms on my face. "She is." I turn back around pulling out a hundred dollar bill but she starts shaking her head.

"This one's on me. You guys have a good day." she smiles, handing me the bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks, you too." I head out, overhearing Isabella's conversation with the squirrel.

"Yeah I hope you find a rich squirrel boyfriend. Just like me. But I'm also rich so..."

"Rich boyfriend? You using me for my money?" At my voice she stands up, turning around to look at me. I extend the flowers to her, watching her eyes drape down to it.

"Awe.." She pouts. "You got me lilacs?" She goes on her toes, pressing a kiss to my lips, taking the flowers from my hand. "Thank you, pretty boy."

"And yes, I'm definitely using you for your money."

I laugh at her words, grasping her hand in mine before we start walking to a nearby coffee shop.

"Where'd you learn?" I ask. "Everything, I mean. You were ten when you were taken...".

She clears her throat, clutching onto my hand tighter before she speaks. "There was a woman. Mira." She says. "She had been there for more than 20 years. When I first arrived there, she was almost 40 years old. She taught me everything I know, protected me like her own child."

"You know, we found her family." I vaguely remember sending a woman back to her daughter and husband.

"Really?" She gazes up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Yeah. She had a daughter and a husband."

"Oh my god." She gasps, "I'm glad she's home with her family." A tear falls down her face and I quickly wipe it.

Her arms wrap around my torso, the flower bouquet slightly pressing against my chest. "I love you so much." Those words never failed to put a smile on my face.

"I love you more." I do.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"Here," Isabella pulls her pink water bottle out of her 'goodie bag' which she always brings to all of my chemo sessions. "I even have some carrot cake if you're hungry."