FIFTY-ONE| Deserve to be loved

"Callan, I want it to be perfect

"Callan, I want it to be perfect." I speak into the phone, grunting as I kick off my shoes and lay back on the bed.

I just came back from the fourth chemo session and it was probably the hardest yet. It was the last one, thankfully, but it was also the most difficult. My whole body is in pain, my head hurts, I'm nauseous, my brain's foggy and fatigue is the thing keeping me slumped on the bed.

"I know, you already said that a million times. I took note of everything you wanted, and I know my bestie pretty well. I'll know exactly what she wants." He keeps saying that but I just wish I could be there myself to oversee things.

Recently, Marco has been overseeing any matters regarding the mafia since I'm basically useless with all these chemo sessions.

"We're coming over today, you know that?" Callan says.

I run my hands up and down Rain's back as he lies to me. "Yeah," I answer. "She's out grocery shopping."

With Buck and the five other men I usually send with her. You might think that's crazy but I'm not taking any chances. I did originally want to send twelve but she convinced me to reduce it down to six.

"Marco's been building a reputation lately." Callan starts.

"Yeah?" I raise a brow.

"It's a different girl every night. Sometimes even two different girls. And I'm the one that has to endure it because he refuses to take them to his apartment so he brings them to the mafia house where I live."

I think I know the reason. I groan, running my hand down in frustration.

"You know why he's doing this right?"

"No callan, everyone except you is stupid. Of course I know why, dumbass."

He laughs as I shake my head. "That guy is so in love with your girl."

"Fuck off. Do what I asked of you. Take it seriously." I hang up.

Marcos in love with my girl. Of course I notice. He basically has 'I love isabella' tattooed on his forehead. He better stick to taking it out on different girls because as long as I'm alive he's not even getting near her.

"I'm home!" I hear Isabella's voice as the door opens and closes. Rain quickly runs out the door and a few moments later he's following Isabella back in the room.

"Awe, baby. You okay?" she walks towards me in her flowy orange floral dress, presses her hand to my forehead as she presses a quick peck to my lips. God, even the quickest, smallest kisses mean so much. They're more than just a kiss. They're an 'I love you'. An 'I'm here for you.'. They're more than just lips pressed on skin.

"I'm good." I grunt as I get up and head over to the living room. She loops her arms around my torso, helping me sit on the couch.

"I got so many things, baby." She starts opening the multiple bags on the kitchen counter. "I'm gonna make us shrimp tacos and probably a cake or something for dessert."