SIXTY-SEVEN| Die

70 days before Alessio's death

Nikolai was furious. Nikolai was obsessed. And Nikolai was angry that something was taken from him.

Nikolai was a victim of sexual assault.

Nikolai had been molested, sexually abused and assaulted by his father ever since he was 9. For 6 years he was stuck with a devil of a father.

His father always told him, "Listen boy, there are two types of people in the world. People like me. People who take whatever the fuck they want. These people are the real winners. The takers."

Nikolai remembered how his father paused and started to unbuckle his pants. "Then there are people like you. The ones who are taken. These people are taken advantage of. They will be taken with no remorse or consideration. Never forgot that, little boy."

Nikolai had been one of the people who were taken. When Nikolai was 15 his father passed away; and that's when he decided he would no longer be a taken.

Believe it or not Nikolai truly believed he loved Isabella. From the moment that he met her, when she was just 10 years old, he hadn't touch any other women. He stayed celibate for 5 years until he decided to take Isabella for the first time. In his own twisted and evil way, that was an act of love. That was his twisted way of proving his love and loyalty.

So when he saw an opportunity for getting her back he took at it.

They had hacked into Isabella's private Instagram. The most recent picture had been a picture of Alessio with a bag of McDonald's in his lap. But what caught Nikolai's attention was the hospital band wrapped around Italian mafia's don's wrist.

He zoomed in the picture, clarified it and noticed that the hospital's name and the doctors name was written on it.

Nikolai looked into it and found the doctor. Nikolai was a taker, he had decided. He kidnapped the doctor and locked him in a cell.

He tortured and threatened the poor bloke until he agreed to lying to his patient. Until the doctor agreed to lie and tell Alessio that he had only 2 months to live.

~The day of getting cancer results back~

The door to the doctor's room opens. The bloke walks out. "Mr. Costello," He says.

As soon as I get those results back, I'll marry her so I can change my last name.

I rise up and turn to face Isabella.

Pretty girl. Pretty girl, please don't be so worried.

"You want me to come with you?" She says. She subconsciously chews on her bottom lip, nervously staring up at me.

I shake my head and press a kiss to her hand.

It will be better if I'm alone... just in case.

I turn around and walk into the room. He closes the door behind us and settles on the chair in front of me.