THIRTY-THREE| Hammer

Please vote and comment luvlies<3

~5 days later~

"Isabella? Can you come out, please?" Marco knocks on the door.

I quickly wipe my tears, sniffling as I get up from the bed. I open the door, coming face to face with Marco's concerned gaze, his bruised eye and cheekbones.

"Are you okay?" His eyes fall to my red rimmed eyes.

That question is a reminder of how not okay I am. Yet, I still nod, lying weakly.

"The woman from the will company just dropped off the papers."

My breathe is caught in my throat as my eyes fall on the papers on the counter behind him.

My parents are actually gone. They're not here. They're not here to hold me. To comfort me.

My eyes tear up as I approach the papers. I pick up a pen signing the spots that ask for a signature, a tear falling down my face.

Oh god, I have no one.

With every signature the truth settles in deeper and deeper. Mama and papa are really gone. Alessio's... gone. I truly have no one.

A sob escapes my lips as I sign the last page, my heart sinking and my chest feeling heavy.

Would aunt Lily even like me now? Now that I wasn't talking to Alessio?

I hold onto the counter, hoping it'd somehow stop me from falling apart.

"Isabella? Come on." Marco mutters from behind me.

I feel myself being pulled into someone's arms. My arms instinctively wrap around his torso, pushing my face closer against his chest. His arms hold onto me tightly. I breathe in, hoping to be hit with Alessio's scent, hoping to feel him kissing my forehead, hoping to hear my name roll off of his lips. Stupidly hoping that he could somehow be the one holding me.

"You're gonna be okay, you know? It will all be okay." Marco's voice pops my bubble of hope. And it's like a slap to my face, pulling me back to reality.

Stop being stupid Isabella. He lied to you.

"I wanna go see my mama and papa." I pull back, looking at Marco. "Maybe we can also sort this will situation out."

He nods, smiling understandingly.

"I'm gonna get my own apartment. I also wanna start working again." If aunt Lily still likes me.

"Isa, you can't-"

I interrupt him. I know what he's gonna say. "I know. It's not safe. But you can send Buck and Nilo. He had no problem sending them before, he'll do it again."

God, I almost want to punch myself out of anger. I was so stupid, so blind. He had Nilo and Buck spying on me this whole time. How did I not figure it out earlier?