Drown in your own blood

The Base Violence Necessary for Change
Chapter four

"Vander?" Vi whispered, "What the fuck" I looked between Benzo and Vander.

"We don't have much time" Vander spoke up, shaking his head.
"How did you find us," I asked, Vander, placed his hands on Vi's and Is shoulders.
"I'm proud of you two. Always have been" I sighed as Vander turned to me, "I'm sorry, this was my idea... I thought this was the only way to protect the others.." I spoke up, Vi took hold of my hand.

"Vander" Benzo spoke up, Benzo looked at me and walked towards me.
"I'm proud of you, you have great pride, don't let the world break you" Benzo softly spoke, I cut everything out I didn't even notice Vi getting pushed by Vander.

"But I need you to protect Ekko" I gasp a Benzo pushed me into my and Ekkos room and locked the door.

"BENZO!" I shouted, slamming on the door.
I heard Vi shouting from the other side of the wall.

"PLEASE BENZO! VANDER NO" I screamed, kicking the door, I looked around, I heard the enforcer speak, "I'm guessing those two are for me?"

I felt around the brick wall, the door of ours was Metal, I couldn't smash it open like a wooden door.
I then felt the one-loss brick and kicked it.
It slowly started to move out of place.

I pushed enough but it got stuck, "Fuck" I whispered, I heard a psst above me, "Y/N?" Ekko peeked through the Owls Nest.

"Ekko, I need you to help me" Ekko bit his lip, "Promise me you won't leave" I nodded, "I promise" Ekko threw a rope down, I grabbed it and started climbing up.

"How'd you find me?" I asked Ekko, "I was coming back from making a delivery... I saw enforcers and assumed the worst.
Ekko looked down sadly.

I grabbed him and pulled him close to me. "I won't let that happen" I heard Vi shouting still and banging on the door.

Then a scream went through the air, I looked at Ekko and put a finger to my lips, I crawled out the window and onto the roof.

"Hey. Stop right there!" The enforcer shouted before a monster came at her, I gasped.
"Blood.." Ekko softly spoke scaring me, "Ekko go back" Ekko whimpered as the tears already started falling.

I held him close to me, holding his head from the sight.
I heard Benzo shouting and walking towards a man that came from the fog.

"Benzo get back!" Vander yelled then with the speed of lighting the monster attacked benzo.
I clasped my mouth shut, The tears falling fiercely down my cheeks, I heard Ekko cry louder.
"Benzo..." I didn't even notice Ekko had moved, watching our... father get torn to shred's and ripped apart.

I finally screamed, the man turned his head up.
He saw us, we made eye contact.
But he ignored us and walked away, the monster followed behind him.

No POV

Ekko slowly opened the door and slowly descend the stairs.

Ekko made eye contact with Vi, He started breaking down again. Vi shook her head as she once again started to cry and made her way towards the boy.

"I saw everything... We saw everything." He sobbed out, "Be... Benzo. They..." Vi held him closely, "What about Vander?" Ekko stuttered, "They took him" Ekko leaned closer wanting to hold someone close.
"Where?" Ekko sobbed, "Y/N... She followed them"
Vi's eyes widen. Vi couldn't lose Vander, she couldn't lose Y/N either.