A Real Tree

The Boy Savior
Chapter ten

Ekko opened the door, the light blinding Vi.
"Is that a real tree?" Vi asked, "Pretty cool, huh?"
"When we first saw it, We knew this was the place."
Ekko told, as they both watched kids past by in their boards.
"If a single seed could make it down here, so could we"

"You built all this?" Vi asked, "Not alone." He responded, "After Vander... died." Ekko paused, "Silco flooded the Lanes with Shimmer."

"He didn't care what it did to people, everyone here was either an addict or a victim"

Some kids looked up and waved, "Hi"
"They needed somewhere safe to start again" Ekko waved to the kids.

"I should have been there. For you. For everyone" Vi said, "That's a good way to drive yourself crazy"

"If I just went with you that day, maybe none of this would have happened" A firelight flew down, "Or maybe you'd be dead or ... changed." Vi spoke.

"Powders gone, All that's there left is Jinx and she belongs to Silco" Ekko sighed, "You're wrong, She's still there, I can reach her" Ekko scoffed, "You can't, we already tried" Ekko exclaimed.
"Now, who's We? I've been hearing you say it a lot" Vi asked, "Ive got one more thing to show you" Ekko said ignoring the question.

"This is everyone we've lost" The two stood in front of a painting. "The price for our freedom, some where enforcers, most was Silco."

"Your sister works for him not because she has to, it's because she wants too" Ekko said like honestly, turning to Vi.
"I'm sorry, but that's who she is now"

Vi stared up at the painting, "If everyone on there is dead or gone... where's Y/N?" She asked, "EKKO!" A voice shouted. That voice, her voice.
Vi turned around.
"I finished patching up the injured i got bored and left when you two were speaking" A masked girl breathed out.

Ekko chuckled, "Oh shit- You're not done yet—"
Ekko leaned forward and whispered, She turned and faced Vi.
Vi noticed it was the same person from the little interrogation they had from before.

"Also, I'm not shy nor ugly" They took off their fox mask and hood of their jacket.
"I just don't trust you... yet." Vi gasped, meeting eyes with the girls e/c eyes.

"Y/N?" Vi slowly walked forward, Y/N didn't move.
Vi took a closer look, "You were at Jerichos..—" Y/N shrugged.

Ekko looked away knowing what was to come next, "Violet?" Y/N asked taking a step back.
Vi's eyes widen, "Yeah... it is" Vi turned towards Ekko.

"I thought you were dead..." Vi stuttered out at the girl, "Why didn't you say anything to me?" Vi was getting nervous, angry. Y/N never calls her Violet... only when she's upset at her. Why was she upset with her?

"I did die for your information. Jinx saved me, I stayed with her when you abandoned us both at that fire 7 years ago. You even left me there to die!" Y/N shoved Vi.
"I don't need you yelling at me because i didn't tell you i was alive, How could I? I didn't even know it was you!"

Suddenly Y/N felt arms wrap around her neck, a hand on her back head.
"I missed you, Princess" Y/N felt herself smile, "People are staring, huh?" Vi chuckled, "Definitely" Y/N felt a tear fall down her cheek, Vi started to have her own tears.