BRUNO

↪ Bruno Madrigal x Female Reader

Warning: Super Duper Cringe Ahead

Name of the chapter: Reach to You

» I will start this oneshot with mine :) Hope you guys don't mind.

---

"So... I heard tonight's Mirabel's ceremony," you asked sheepishly, played with your fingers. You bit your lower lip as you glanced at your husband who's under your embrace. The bed creaked as you fixed your position to support Bruno's hair.

Bruno hummed as he laid his head on your chest. He nuzzled closer to you, wrapping his arms tighter aeound your waist. "Yeah, that kid's gonna have a great gift," he spoke.

"You think so?" you asked.

He hid his face on your chest. "I don't know anymore. But, I promise to support her any way I can," he answered.

You moved a strand of his hair to the back of his ear. He closed his eyes and continued to enjoy your touch. "I love you," you said.

His eyes opened and widened. "W- What-" he stuttered.

You rolled your eyes and giggled. "I love you, you doofus," you repeated.

You could feel Bruno's cheeks getting hotter as he nodded against your chest. "M- Me, too. T- To you," he sheepishly admitted.

You chuckled and snuggled closer to him, waiting for the time of the ceremony to come near and closer.

---

"W- What's happening?" you whispered to Bruno, worriedly.

You continue to witnessed as Mirabel's door slowly disappear from her sight. Inch by inch slowly fades away. As the final look on her door disappears, everyone fell silence and watched the scene unfold in shocked.

Slowly, Mirabel turned to Alma with teary eyes. She fiddled her hands nervously, wondering deeply why her door had disappeared before her eyes and never glowed. She sniffled as she awaited from Alma's words to comfort her.

You gripped on Bruno's arm. "Why...?" you didn't manage to finish your words.

Mirabel slowly averted her eyes on you, tearily. You stared at her for a moment before approaching her and embraced her. You carried her into your arms and looked around the Madrigal's family. You stared longingly at Alma.

Alma cleared her throat shakily. She turned and looked down to the townspeople. The candle continue to shine brightly in her grips. She took a deep breath before exhaling.