DOLORES

↪ Dolores Madrigal x Female Reader

Name of the chapter: Whispering and Mumbling

Soapshipper

⤳ Soapshipper

---

Dolores was used on hearing mumbles and whispers but no matter how hard she tried to hear more, she couldn't. It'll just turn into whispers and mumbels to her. Which is a bit of a downer because the whisperings and mumblings was coming from you.

Every day, she heard you mumble something under your breath. She couldn't make out what you were saying and it frustrates her so much.

And there was a time she confronts you about it but you shrugged it off and told her that you were just mumbling about stuffs often and that she doesn't have to worry about it. Dolores frowned upon the secret you hold but she still respected it and did not ask further.

Your mumblings didn't stop even at night. It's as if you were practicing a mantera or anything of same sort. Usually if that kind of thing happened, Dolores would get annoyed but when it comes to you, she couldn't bring herself to do so. In fact, she's intrigued on what you kept on mumbling about.

To make her curiosity worsen, she noticed on how you kept on meeting Camilo out often. You would smile brightly at him, give him a teasing punch and laughed to your heart content. Camilo on the other side, only listen to whatever you're saying to him.

One day, at the dinner table, Camilo noticed her sister was bothered by something and kept on frowning. So, he decided to confront her while the family is still lively on talking about something.

"Hey, you okay?" Camilo confronted, whispering beside her sister.

Dolores snapped out of it and glanced at her brother. "Yeah, I'm fine," she answered, continuing eating her food.

Camilo wasn't convinced at her sister's acting and continued to dig up information. "I know you're not. C'mon, what's bothering you?" he asked again, becoming concern.

Dolores sighed heavily. She put down the utensils and eyes saddened. Camilo frowned at her sister's behaviour and caressed her arm. "I'm just wondering if you know what (Y/N) is up recently. We barely could meet like usual," she confessed.

Camilo tensed up at this. He knew exactly what you're up to but he didn't want to reveal your secret. He knew how much it meant to you. "Uh, maybe she's just busy?" he tried to cover.

She furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head. "Impossible. I see her with you almost every day," she told.

Camilo winced, not knowing her older sister would notice that. "We were just... uh, just... talking... about... stuffs," he tried to lie but it seemed to not work.