MIRABEL

↪ Mirabel Madrigal x Female Reader

Name of the chapter: Beautiful You

Gaybitchwizard & Soapshipper

⤳ Gaybitchwizard & Soapshipper

---

Mirabel's light went out as soon as her door faded away before her eyes. As you witnessed the scene unfold from the townspeople's view, you gasped slightly, not believing your eyes for seeing such a thing. When it comes to Camilo, it was fine but why did Mirabel has a different fate?

You saw Mirabel turned to Alma with saddened eyes. Alma didn't say anything to her. She didn't say anything to the townspeople, either. Julieta was the one who dismissed the celebration, not needing to explain further. You didn't leave and continued to watch Mirabel cried on her mother's shirt. Then, the view faded when your father pulled you back on the way home.

Soon, it's been a year. Mirabel hasn't doing so much well but at least she's not crying anymore. She only saddened at the thought of not having a gift.

You noticed every time you hung out with her. You noticed how she suddenly became quiet whenever her sisters were around or anyone from the family, in fact. You noticed how much she bittered after the ceremony and you were too afraid to say anything about it.

That's why you always brought her to your secret garden. Full of large green grass with a hint scent of dirt. Fresh air to be sniffing and perfect view to be looking at. The place that only the two of you knows. The place only the two of you can escape to.

Two years goes by in a snap and Mirabel was getting better. She's 7 years old and you're the same age as her.

At that time of year, she was having troubles on making friends her age. Most of them mocked how she didn't receive a gift apart from being in the greatest family of the whole world. And some of them thought she was a curse and didn't want to approach her. Because of that, Mirabel rarely goes out. You had to visit her every time the both of you wanted to hang out; hanging out only inside of Casita.

To cheer her up, you always had planned mini picnics or a little dance party between the two of you. Extra food, board games or instruments always bring Mirabel into happiness. You only got a flute but she really is good on using one. But, nothing beats her in playing ___.

You would be the audience and cheered for her. Mirabel would be the stageman, playing terrible tunes out of the flute on her first try, making the both of you cringed and laughed. As the time goes on, Mirabel was handling the flute like a professional, knowing each keys and how does it sound like. You were amazed by her.

Every goes perfectly fine and Mirabel was getting better and better each day. She constantly forgot about gifts whenever she hung out with you and that thought made you happy to her. You just didn't want her to be depressed over something that's already happened a long time ago.