C͎h͎a͎p͎t͎e͎r͎ 4

Y/N POV

Stuffing the last of your McDonalds into your mouth, you hurriedly grabbed your cap and sweatshirt. You had thirty minutes to get to the Pizza-Plex. You would've been ready sooner if it wasn't for the fact you slept through two of the alarms you set. The Uber notification went off, telling you it arrived.

    It was 11:48 p.m. when you practically burst through the doors, earning a few glances from leaving workers. Fixing your hair into a ponytail, you let out a breath of relief for at least being on time. Now you just had to head to the ground floor office to put your stuff in and find out what responsibilities are given to you.

It was almost exciting to do something new like this, but.. it would've been better under different circumstances. One where you didn't get this job to earn money for a severely injured little girl.

    You kept thinking back to that day. You felt terrible when you did, and an even worse friend to her. You lost her in the arcade, couldn't even find that Freddy toy she fell in love with.

   Realizing you were lost in thought, you shook your head trying to clear your mind. It wasn't working out very well, but it was worth a try as you walked into the office. Edward left a list and explanation of the tasks you're in charge of doing. A few require interactions with animatronics. Who will be out. Free-roaming.

Cause that's completely normal nowadays for robots.

   Now thinking back, you remember seeing a few slim, white robots mopping around the area, with little yellow signs following them around.

  You read your first to do: "Check lights in the Daycare."

"Wow, what a task," you say.

I can't really complain, if things are this easy and the pay is good, it's all worth it in the end.

    Exiting the office, you look at the walls for a larger map you saw earlier during the day. All you could see right now were the faint glow of lights and paintings of the Glamrock Gang, stuck in poses for eternity. "Huh, they look cuter when painted," you say out loud. Your heart stops beating for a second as you hear a low chuckle from somewhere nearby. From around the corner, a large figure steps out. You can't speak, because why is Roxanne the wolf animatronic chuckling. Her ears flicker, her earrings shining as much as her metal fangs.

  "Well, the others do look cuter, I myself, always look amazing though," she jokes. You think. Ya know, at this point you're not sure at all because Roxy just made a joke now too. She walks forward, her eyes scanning over your shorter form, head cocked to the side. "You're definitely new here." She smiles, sweeping her claws through the thick strands of silver hair.

Without warning, she lunges forward with a growl as you scream, running as fast as your legs can carry you up the escalator, and thank god! You can see the Daycare doors. Just as your fingers graze the door handles, your arm is yanked back roughly, and your whole body is hanging from the floor in seconds.

   "I remember you, little lady," a voice breathed out into your ear as you turn your eyes to the side. Monty's claws had a firm grip on your arm as he dangled you, and in a moment of panic, you screeched loudly. His face turns into a look of annoyance as his glasses slide down his snout and he drops you. You yelp in pain as your butt hits the tiles.

   "Fucking hell," you groan as you scramble to your feet. You do not know what is going on, but before you can even turn another pair of arms lift you up. You felt like a little ragdoll, and come face to face with Chica now. "Wowza, your voice almost gets as shrill as my new voice box," she states, and at this rate, you feel like you're losing your mind as you try to process the fact that not just one, but three animatronics are fully speaking like they are living beings.